Shadowing near Troy, Schenectady, or Albany, NY

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, riversong said:

Hi, I'm looking for any PAs that are near Troy, Schenectady, or Albany, that would allow me to shadow them. I need to have more shadowing hours for my CASPA application. If you are willing please contact me. Thank you!

Hey, I live here! I've shadowed 3 so far. I have the best luck when calling small, privately owned practices. When you start thinking about hopsitals or doctors offices owned by St.Peter's Hospital, Albany Medical Center etc, they tend to be concerned about HIIPPA laws. Hope that helps!

If you don't mind me asking what were the clinics that allowed you to shadow with them?

I have called a lot of clinics not affiliated with AMC or SPH (AMC called me back and told me to stop cold calling their clinics :( and no luck with SPH) and they have either given me the run around or told me "no" due to HIIPPA or that their PAs don't want the extra responsibility of a shadow. 

I would really appreciate advice!! 

Archived