RN to PA

I have recently changed my major to nursing and am curious if any other PA's or current PA students have taken this route. Do you have any advice/helpful tips? Another concern of mine is that I am starting my first semester in August at a a community college and am worried that PA schools won't approve if I take my prereqs for PA school at a community college over a 4 year university. Is that something I should be concerned about.. or is it not a problem at all? Thanks! 

It's program dependent. Some programs make it clear that pre-reqs are required to be taken at a 4 year University. Northeastern University comes to mind. 

Some programs do not care. They just want to make sure you have fulfilled each pre-requisite with whatever minimum grade they posted.

PS. Not a PA-S or PA-C/PA.

I took all of my classes at community college and got accepted. I am sure it is up to the school as some one else posted. My opinion each school has something they value more than others.  My school specific, I would not of gotten in if I did not say I wanted to do primary care for the under served of California.  I don't think they cared where I did my classes as long as I had the grades.

I was an RN for 9 years prior to PA school. It is one of the best experiences to have prior to PA school in healthcare.  You apply physiology, pharmacology and patho daily.   You work closely with physicians, PAs, NPs and every other care provider.  You learn how to talk to people.  The money is also very good prior to starting PA school. 

Archived