English Prerequisite

Hello, 

I am in the midst of applying to the program but am stuck on the English Prerequisite. I went to a quarter system undergrad and took two English classes that were a total of 8 units. That's 2 units short from MEDEX's requirement. They also accept AP credits for the prerequisite, which I received credits for at my undergrad when I took AP English in high school. The admissions team responded saying if my undergrad transcript shows I received credits for the AP tests, then it would satisfy the English Prereq. The only issue is my transcript only lists how many transferrable units I received from all my AP tests, but doesn't explicitly state AP English as a part of it. I called my undergrad and they said there was nothing they could do about it and the only way was to send the program my AP scores from Collegeboard.

Anyone have experience dealing with this situation? Still waiting on a response from MEDEX but just seeing if anyone has the same situation. Thanks! 

Hey there,

I had a very similar issue, I took AP English in HS and then just took Eng 102 in college. I was unable to provide evidence of the credit for Eng 101, and unfortunately could not track down my test from 25 years ago. I just retook English comp at a community college to fit Medex's requirements. 

2 hours ago, Ineedaname said:

Hey there,

I had a very similar issue, I took AP English in HS and then just took Eng 102 in college. I was unable to provide evidence of the credit for Eng 101, and unfortunately could not track down my test from 25 years ago. I just retook English comp at a community college to fit Medex's requirements. 

Hey! Do you know if they accept a copy of the AP test scores because that's the only way I can prove I took the test... but I'm thinking they maybe want some proof from undergrad that it was actually accepted as transferable units... 

Archived