CASPA Application Cycle 2017-2018

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 1:24 PM, krb6590 said:

Applied in August, just got an email wishing me a happy holidays. That’s nice and all but haven’t heard anything else. Anyone have any updates regarding interviews? 

I got this same email but haven't received anything else from LIU besides the CASPA verification email. I was verified in September so maybe they're still reviewing applications?

I applied the week of Thanksgiving, got an email to interview the following week, interviewed on 12/7 and got accepted the week after. I received an email on Tuesday 12/12 that said a decision was available online, but when I logged in it didn’t have an answer. After speaking to the department, I was told it’s all done through mail. I received the letter on 12/15

This thread is kinda dead so idk if not that many have been accepted or what 

I came on here to figure out what that express decision email was about as well. Since it’s from LIU Admissions and not the actual PA program admissions, I don’t think it applies to us :/ I think that is just a general email being sent out to anyone subscribed to LIU Brooklyn emails. Plus the PA program starts in the Fall, not Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2017 at 10:06 PM, adup95 said:

Wondering if it be worth applying. I've interviewed at a few schools but have been rejected. 

Does anyone know how many have been accepted? How heavily they weigh the GRE? The only thing holding me back is my GRE scores. 

If you’re getting interviews, your GRE score might not be affecting the decision as much as you think. 

I know I blew my first couple interviews because I wasn’t prepared and presented myself like I had a chip on my shoulder. I mean this in the most constructive, positive, supportive way— just consider that it’s not the test score holding you back. 

• 2 weeks later...

I called the PA department this morning and asked about the status of my application (I submitted in August and haven't heard a word since the confirmation email). They said that my application was still under review. Received an email at 1:20 PM today inviting me for an interview! Very excited! My interview is scheduled for January 25th.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JThorn said:

I called the PA department this morning and asked about the status of my application (I submitted in August and haven't heard a word since the confirmation email). They said that my application was still under review. Received an email at 1:20 PM today inviting me for an interview! Very excited! My interview is scheduled for January 25th.

Same situation!! See you at the interview!

On 1/13/2018 at 11:57 AM, Cet19 said:

Has anyone accepted heard anything else from the program? I've only received the letter of acceptance, nothing else. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything! 

In the same boat. Was kinda hoping for some kind of confirmation since there was some ambiguity regarding the intent to enroll form. I didn’t send it in because I paid the deposit online. The form they sent in the folder says that’s ok, the form they tell you to download in the acceptance letter doesn’t say that. I hope that’s ok. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Adickinson said:

Hey guys, I just got accepted and I was in the interview group from last week. Does anyone know if there is a facebook page or group for all the students who have been accepted starting in the fall of 2018? I know nothing about New York and I'm trying to figure out the best places to live near campus.  

Hey from Feb 1 interview? Me toooo! Congrats! So exciting!!!!