2018 Applicants post here!

Hi Jason, would you mind sharing what your test scores were the first two times that you applied? Thank you so much for sharing and being positive! :-) 
73 my first year, no interview... 78 the second with an interview. Trust me, I learned to be positive through this process. My first year I was a mess and my second year I just didn't prep correctly. I'm hoping third times a charm lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jason Diaz said:

73 my first year, no interview... 78 the second with an interview. Trust me, I learned to be positive through this process. My first year I was a mess and my second year I just didn't prep correctly. I'm hoping third times a charm lol

Same here lol. First time I didn’t do well, no interview. Second time I believe it was 78 as well and I had an interview, but no acceptance. Hopefully this year is it for both of us! Good luck to you!! :-) and to everyone of course. Thank you for responding ?

On 2/3/2018 at 9:48 PM, PAEZ2018 said:

Hey all, this is my second time around. Last year I made it to the interview but fell short when the selections came. I hope that I have what it takes to be one of the lucky 55 this year. My exam date is Feb 15th at 1:00 pm

Best of luck to you all! 

Hey guys I hope studying is going good. I wanted to mention that I posted my test date was on the 15th but that was an honest mistake and It's actually on the 16th. I am a first year applicant so I'm clarifying because I see some people who have applied to this program last year, testing on the 16th. 

Also how are the study groups going? Is anyone from Pines? I'm currently focusing on origin, action, and insertion whilst wondering if I'm wasting valuable time. 0.o

Hey Matthew1989,

Sorry for the late response. I would have really looked forward to get some ideas across. However, I have most of time occupied by either work or family life so I'd prove a bad study partner at the moment haha. 

Lana92, I don't think test days are related to how often you've applied. In regard to your question about what to focus on; I'd have to second PAJay and say to cover the general concepts. I know that's terribly vague. Sorry I could'nt offer you more insight. I wish you the best of luck on your exam on the 16th!

Jason Diaz and JulzPA. Hang on and keep trying! Your perseverance goes a long way and is admirable. I wish you both the best on your exam dates as well!

5 hours ago, PAEZ2018 said:

Hey Matthew1989,

Lana92, I don't think test days are related to how often you've applied. In regard to your question about what to focus on; I'd have to second PAJay and say to cover the general concepts. I know that's terribly vague. Sorry I could'nt offer you more insight. I wish you the best of luck on your exam on the 16th!

Even that response eases my nerves so thank you and I wish you the same!

On 1/23/2018 at 6:08 PM, PrePAJay said:

Hey guys, I am a current senior student in the program. I know there are a lot of misconceptions about our program and questions about everything that is going on for accreditation. We are transitioning into a bachelors program but that does not mean you will end up with your bachelors only. You have that choice, yes. But students like myself will be graduating with our masters that are doing it online with St. Francis in which is a dual program with MDC during our clinical year. 

The entrance exam. Yes, it is annoying to have to do, but it is much better than the GRE. It tests you on actual medical knowledge, which is much needed for this type of program. By that I mean a good foundation in anatomy, physiology, micro, and medical term is useful since you hit the ground running in the program not that you need medical experience. we have plenty of students from different working backgrounds doing well in the program. It is intense and VERY quick paced. That is the reason the exam is there. 

MDC is also the cheapest option in the nation, which is why its extremely competitive to get into. This may be my biased opinion, but i do strongly believe we are the best program in Florida (and possibly the nation). In clinicals I have met various students from other programs and they all complain of not only the debt they are in but also of small things from their programs. We are looked down upon because of the program being an AS and a college, but don't be fooled. It is just as difficult if not more difficult to get through. Don't get me wrong I am all programs are great, but after speaking to doctors and PAs that are our preceptors they mention that we are extremely prepared after our first year. You learn every day and I am extremely glad I made MDC my top and only choice. We want the best to keep our reputation that way and I hope it will be many of you. The program is very family oriented and you all become a second family. The professors are the best, very knowledgable, and always willing to help you when needed. So study hard! Study it all but not too in depth. Remember in our profession we are trained as generalists. Study a bit of everything not just only some systems like I saw in some comments above so you can have a chance at scoring higher.

Best of luck to you all throughout the applying process. The time will come before you know it so keep grinding.

Best wishes,

The Prez class of 2018 

Hello PrePaJay,

Gald you're almost done , best of luck!

Would you know if applicants, for Nov 2018 starting 2019, would be required to have Bachelors degree? Or does an Associates in Science satisfy the requirement?

Hi everyone !!![emoji5] the week is here! I hope everyone is doing well with their exam preps! Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck. I am very excited and nervous to get this exam done! I have mainly focused on studying system by system. I have gone over all of the systems in depth twice and now going over them again a third time.. also need to go over microbiology topics and medical math a little bit more. How is everyone doing !??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Gvillega, I know the question wasn't for me, but I'm hoping I can offer some information. As per their website, there is no current information stating that a Bachelor is required. However, that being said there are some changes already being implemented for next years application pool, such as (CHM 1045, 1046, ENC 1102, MAC 1105) which are currently not required. To err on the side of caution I would assume a Bachelor will be required for 2019's entering cohort. More so because of the changes in 2020. In the long run, it'll hopefully make you better prepared as an applicant. Check the website every so often as it gets updated frequently; particularly between application cycles. Best of luck to you!

Patobe2019. Thank you and best of luck to you as well. Same here. Just going through the motions in preparation for the exam. 

5 minutes ago, Jason Diaz said:

Well everybody, I scored a 74. Third year in this same position so I'm just riding the wave. Hopefully I get that invite. Good luck to you all!

Thank you! I’m sure you will get invite. I’m about to take exam today and am so nervous. 

Archived