2018 Applicants post here!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So last year when you submitted the application did you receive an exam invite or make it to the interview? I know someone who also submitted a roll over application this year. She explained that she has to retake the entrance exam for a better score. I wish I still had her contact to give you some more info. What have you done differently this application cycle? 

5 minutes ago, Patobe2019 said:

I'm a second year applicant so I submitted my roll over application last year as soon as I received the email. Haven't gotten anything as of yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So last year when you submitted the application did you receive an exam invite or make it to the interview? I know someone who also submitted a roll over application this year. She explained that she has to retake the entrance exam for a better score. I wish I still had her contact to give you some more info. What have you done differently this application cycle? 

Yeah last year I took the exam, made it to the interview and all. My test score was pretty good too, an 84 or an 86 can't remember exactly. Did well on the interview too but my medical hours didn't get me enough points. I added in all my scribe hours for this cycle and hoping to do well this year !!!! I am praying for this invitation to take the exam lol

Yeah last year I took the exam, made it to the interview and all. My test score was pretty good too, an 84 or an 86 can't remember exactly. Did well on the interview too but my medical hours didn't get me enough points. I added in all my scribe hours for this cycle and hoping to do well this year !!!! I am praying for this invitation to take the exam lol

Hold on, is this W-y from MRH?

You have to retake the test every year no matter what you scored last year. This is my third year applying. Made it to the interview last year but didn't make the cut. Hoping that the third time is a charm lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No I'm Carolina I Scribed at memorial Pembroke! Someone with a similar situation to mine ?? Lol

LOL because the stories sound similar!

But wow that's awesome! All of your experience with the exam and interview. Scribing is great experience which I think should help you considerably. Best of luck!   

LOL because the stories sound similar!
 But wow that's awesome! All of your experience with the exam and interview. Scribing is great experience which I think should help you considerably. Best of luck!   

Thank you I wish you the best of luck as well [emoji4]are you a first time applicant ?

8 minutes ago, Jason Diaz said:

You have to retake the test every year no matter what you scored last year. This is my third year applying. Made it to the interview last year but didn't make the cut. Hoping that the third time is a charm lol

Wow what a journey! I pray all of your efforts will come into fruition this year! 

How do you feel the exams compared to each other when you took them? Was one year more difficult or were they similar to each other?  What was the most difficult section of the exam to you? Any surprises?

Thank you kindly

Well, you're gonna do amazing !!! Wish you the best luck ever. The next couple of months are super important and I wish everyone lots of luck emoji173.png my anxiety is through the roof but I am hoping for the best! Lol. Were you a scribe as well?

Thank you so much! Unfortunately I do not have any experience as a scribe. I currently work in a hospital microbiology lab as a lab assistant. 

Wow what a journey! I pray all of your efforts will come into fruition this year! 
How do you feel the exams compared to each other when you took them? Was one year more difficult or were they similar to each other?  What was the most difficult section of the exam to you? Any surprises?
Thank you kindly

The test was pretty much similar every time. I scored better my second time but was still under what I felt I should have gotten. Mostly bc I'm guilty of second guessing myself. No real surprises to be honest, you just gotta be diligent in your studies

hello everyone!

I just discovered this forum. I got my invitation today for Friday the 16th at 1:00. I saw that some of you want to create a study group. I would love to be a part of that if anyone wants to get together to study for the exam. I have some of the books. I am going to get the others too. good luck to those who got invites!!! Thanks!

On 1/31/2018 at 0:24 PM, Patobe2019 said:

How many scribe hours did you have last year when you interviewed?

19 hours ago, PAEZ2018 said:

Hey all, this is my second time around. Last year I made it to the interview but fell short when the selections came. I hope that I have what it takes to be one of the lucky 55 this year. My exam date is Feb 15th at 1:00 pm

Best of luck to you all! 

Hi, if your looking to study with someone and bounce ideas/topics off of I’m available 

On 1/23/2018 at 11:04 PM, Jason Diaz said:

This is my third time applying and if there is one thing I've learned, it's that patience is key. Let the process take it's course. I know it's hard to do, especially as a first year applicant. All I can say is take a deep breath, remain confident and never give up! Good luck everyone!

Hi Jason, would you mind sharing what your test scores were the first two times that you applied? Thank you so much for sharing and being positive! :-) 

Archived