2018 Applicants post here!

Hey guys, I am a current senior student in the program. I know there are a lot of misconceptions about our program and questions about everything that is going on for accreditation. We are transitioning into a bachelors program but that does not mean you will end up with your bachelors only. You have that choice, yes. But students like myself will be graduating with our masters that are doing it online with St. Francis in which is a dual program with MDC during our clinical year. 

The entrance exam. Yes, it is annoying to have to do, but it is much better than the GRE. It tests you on actual medical knowledge, which is much needed for this type of program. By that I mean a good foundation in anatomy, physiology, micro, and medical term is useful since you hit the ground running in the program not that you need medical experience. we have plenty of students from different working backgrounds doing well in the program. It is intense and VERY quick paced. That is the reason the exam is there. 

MDC is also the cheapest option in the nation, which is why its extremely competitive to get into. This may be my biased opinion, but i do strongly believe we are the best program in Florida (and possibly the nation). In clinicals I have met various students from other programs and they all complain of not only the debt they are in but also of small things from their programs. We are looked down upon because of the program being an AS and a college, but don't be fooled. It is just as difficult if not more difficult to get through. Don't get me wrong I am all programs are great, but after speaking to doctors and PAs that are our preceptors they mention that we are extremely prepared after our first year. You learn every day and I am extremely glad I made MDC my top and only choice. We want the best to keep our reputation that way and I hope it will be many of you. The program is very family oriented and you all become a second family. The professors are the best, very knowledgable, and always willing to help you when needed. So study hard! Study it all but not too in depth. Remember in our profession we are trained as generalists. Study a bit of everything not just only some systems like I saw in some comments above so you can have a chance at scoring higher.

Best of luck to you all throughout the applying process. The time will come before you know it so keep grinding.

Best wishes,

The Prez class of 2018 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for your encouragement and inspiration!  Congratulations on being close to completing the program with your Master's Degree!  MDC seems like an amazing experience.  I hope to have the opportunity to take the entrance exam.  It is excruciating waiting to see the results of the application process.  I guess my friend was given the wrong information about emails going out on Monday....I don't know one person whom has received one,  

This is my third time applying and if there is one thing I've learned, it's that patience is key. Let the process take it's course. I know it's hard to do, especially as a first year applicant. All I can say is take a deep breath, remain confident and never give up! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 1/23/2018 at 6:08 PM, PrePAJay said:

Hey guys, I am a current senior student in the program. I know there are a lot of misconceptions about our program and questions about everything that is going on for accreditation. We are transitioning into a bachelors program but that does not mean you will end up with your bachelors only. You have that choice, yes. But students like myself will be graduating with our masters that are doing it online with St. Francis in which is a dual program with MDC during our clinical year. 

The entrance exam. Yes, it is annoying to have to do, but it is much better than the GRE. It tests you on actual medical knowledge, which is much needed for this type of program. By that I mean a good foundation in anatomy, physiology, micro, and medical term is useful since you hit the ground running in the program not that you need medical experience. we have plenty of students from different working backgrounds doing well in the program. It is intense and VERY quick paced. That is the reason the exam is there. 

MDC is also the cheapest option in the nation, which is why its extremely competitive to get into. This may be my biased opinion, but i do strongly believe we are the best program in Florida (and possibly the nation). In clinicals I have met various students from other programs and they all complain of not only the debt they are in but also of small things from their programs. We are looked down upon because of the program being an AS and a college, but don't be fooled. It is just as difficult if not more difficult to get through. Don't get me wrong I am all programs are great, but after speaking to doctors and PAs that are our preceptors they mention that we are extremely prepared after our first year. You learn every day and I am extremely glad I made MDC my top and only choice. We want the best to keep our reputation that way and I hope it will be many of you. The program is very family oriented and you all become a second family. The professors are the best, very knowledgable, and always willing to help you when needed. So study hard! Study it all but not too in depth. Remember in our profession we are trained as generalists. Study a bit of everything not just only some systems like I saw in some comments above so you can have a chance at scoring higher.

Best of luck to you all throughout the applying process. The time will come before you know it so keep grinding.

Best wishes,

The Prez class of 2018 

I agree with you. Thank you so much for your advise ! 

Archived