23 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

What is the format of the interview? What can we expect during our time there? Is there a tour of the facilities?

Hey there! Sorry for the late reply, studying for an infectious disease exam.

Yes, you will get to tour the facilities. If the format has not changed, you will get to talk to two student panels about didactic and clinical year. Then you will be interviewed by 2 faculty members. There will be some light snacks, and an information panel. Arrive early because you will have to walk to the building from the parking garage. Maybe a 2 minute walk. 

I cannot disclose actual interview questions I was asked as that is confidential information, but I can tell you try and make sure you know why you want to be a PA vs an MD, DO, NP, or any other mid level. Also prepare yourself for possible ethical and situational questions dealing with conflict and difficult patients. 

Try to relax your nerves so your actual personality shines through. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2017 at 9:32 AM, nubienne said:

Current student at IUMPAS here. Feel free to ask any questions you have about your interview or the program, here or via private message. Good luck to everyone! 

Hi! First, thank you for offering info about the process. I'm sure most of us have our nerves going crazy. I was wondering if you could share about how long the actual interview lasts? Thank you again. I'm so excited to be at this point. 

1 hour ago, plmann said:

Hi! First, thank you for offering info about the process. I'm sure most of us have our nerves going crazy. I was wondering if you could share about how long the actual interview lasts? Thank you again. I'm so excited to be at this point. 

Time was given in our invite email. 8a-noonish if I recall correctly. 

5 minutes ago, plmann said:

Surely the actual interview itself between us and the two person panel doesn't last 4 hours. I was wondering if anyone knew how long this part took? 

Current student here as well. There’s a general information session first. Interview is 25 min long. There will also be student panels and a tour. Expect to be there 3.5-4 hours total. 

Any other questions, feel free to message me. 

17 hours ago, kpsmith32 said:

Current student here as well. There’s a general information session first. Interview is 25 min long. There will also be student panels and a tour. Expect to be there 3.5-4 hours total. 

Any other questions, feel free to message me. 

Thank you for the info. ? Can you speak about what goes on during the student panels? Nerves are a little rattled trying to get ready for the interview. Just wondering if the interview part is the only part I should be concerned about. I'm just trying to put my mind at ease. Thanks again. 

17 minutes ago, plmann said:

Thank you for the info. ? Can you speak about what goes on during the student panels? Nerves are a little rattled trying to get ready for the interview. Just wondering if the interview part is the only part I should be concerned about. I'm just trying to put my mind at ease. Thanks again. 

Oh don’t worry about those at all! They’re purely for your benefit to ask current students questions about classes, rotations, the program in general, etc. Very laid back. 

I know it sounds biased, but I hear a lot from people that our interview process is one of the most relaxed. At the end of the day it’s all about you seeing if the program is a good fit for you, as much as it is the program seeing if you’re a good fit. 

10 minutes ago, Swvd1 said:

Does anyone know when we should expect hear back about acceptance? 

I spoke with Deanna yesterday after the morning interview and she said probably next week. In the past offers started going out at the end of the week after interviews but they also had smaller classes in those years and this is the first year they are going for 44 students.  So sometime between the end of this week and next week I imagine. Nice meeting everyone at yesterday’s morning session!!

9 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

I spoke with Deanna yesterday after the morning interview and she said probably next week. In the past offers started going out at the end of the week after interviews but they also had smaller classes in those years and this is the first year they are going for 44 students.  So sometime between the end of this week and next week I imagine. Nice meeting everyone at yesterday’s morning session!!

Every class has had 44 students. Nothing changing there. 

Archived