On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, tjl2888 said:

Has anyone received anything else besides an interview? Rejection or waitlist for an interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just wondering this. I still haven't heard anything at all. This definitely seems to be different than how this interview/rejection process has been handled in the past. Has anyone tried contacting admissions?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mrb19 said:

I was just wondering this. I still haven't heard anything at all. This definitely seems to be different than how this interview/rejection process has been handled in the past. Has anyone tried contacting admissions?

It's possible that they are waiting for the deadline to pass and see how many people accept their interview. If things are handled similar to years past, people who haven't been contacted are essentially on a wait list. This is an assumption. I would lean on the side of patience and wait until after the deadline on Friday. 

9 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

It's possible that they are waiting for the deadline to pass and see how many people accept their interview. If things are handled similar to years past, people who haven't been contacted are essentially on a wait list. This is an assumption. I would lean on the side of patience and wait until after the deadline on Friday. 

That's what I was thinking as well.

For those who accepted their interview date, did you receive a confirmation email?
Also, does anyone know from past experience how many interviewees are at each session/how many they interview?

Thank you :)

I received a "confirmation" email that just said thanks for replying and there would be more info coming soon about the interview day.

From current students I've heard they interview ~120 between the two interview days. Not sure how many are in each session but there is no group portion and it's just a 2:1 panel with admissions committee members.

48 minutes ago, sarahbellum said:

I received a "confirmation" email that just said thanks for replying and there would be more info coming soon about the interview day.

From current students I've heard they interview ~120 between the two interview days. Not sure how many are in each session but there is no group portion and it's just a 2:1 panel with admissions committee members.

I never received a reply, so hopefully they got my email. Alright! I was guessing there would be around 30 people in each session, so that makes sense!
Thank you :)

18 hours ago, Sensa23 said:

Late to post, but I received an interview invitation on 9/22 for the afternoon session on October 16th. Will anybody be in town the evening prior that wants to grab dinner to calm the nerves? Also, any recommendations for things to do in the area?

I am from Indianapolis and have an interview for the afternoon session on October 16th as well. I'd be happy to grab dinner the night before!

This is bright news to the end of the day. I was rejected last week on 9/29, but 5 minutes ago I received an invitation to interview for the morning session on October 17th!!! I hope this isn't a mistake!!!!

Update at 4:19 PM. I called the office and left a message. I received a call from them confirming that I was indeed invited to the October 17th morning interview!!!! Apparently the rejection email was a mistake. Just confirmed it!!! I look forward to meeting all of you. 

This is bright news to the end of the day. I was rejected last week on 9/29, but 5 minutes ago I received an invitation to interview for the morning session on October 17th!!! I hope this isn't a mistake!!!!

Update at 4:19 PM. I called the office and left a message. I received a call from them confirming that I was indeed invited to the October 17th morning interview!!!! Apparently the rejection email was a mistake. Just confirmed it!!! I look forward to meeting all of you. 

Congrats!!! So happy for you, I know how long you waited to hear!

36 minutes ago, nubienne said:

Current student at IUMPAS here. Feel free to ask any questions you have about your interview or the program, here or via private message. Good luck to everyone! 

What is the format of the interview? What can we expect during our time there? Is there a tour of the facilities?

Archived