2017-2018

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, mattykpa said:

That's what I was thinking. I know some programs will let you know if you are in the top 10, but I haven't heard if this program will share that information. 

I was told by a current student that they won't tell you your ranking, but she did say that they do usually pull a good amount from the waitlist!

3 minutes ago, ChristaNoelle said:

I wouldn’t go to a school unless it’s somewhere you truly want to go. Two years is going to be a long time if you’re miserable and you’d be taking a seat away from those who really do want to go there. Kids do switch all the time, but yes, you would be losing the $500 if you decide to go elsewhere after accepting. 

I agree with you and have already had many of the same thoughts. However, I really want to go to school as soon as possible so I can get situated in my career and family as early as possible. If I wait I will also have a long two years out of school because I have already graduated from my undergrad two weeks ago. Thanks for responding, though! I think I am going to delete my post though because this is my decision to sort out. I appreciate your input though. 

40 minutes ago, hhartpa said:

I agree with you and have already had many of the same thoughts. However, I really want to go to school as soon as possible so I can get situated in my career and family as early as possible. If I wait I will also have a long two years out of school because I have already graduated from my undergrad two weeks ago. Thanks for responding, though! I think I am going to delete my post though because this is my decision to sort out. I appreciate your input though. 

I just wanted to reply because my 4 years of undergrad were hell simply because I went to a college I didn’t like. I went because it was close and my parents wanted me to go there. I really wish I went to another school but it was cheap and I was able to live at home. If I learned anything from that, it’s that you can’t settle. Before I started undergrad, my parents always said “Oh it doesn’t matter where you go. It’s only 4 years and then you’ll be done and you can move somewhere else.” Boy were they wrong. If you feel like you’re a quality applicant, you’ll get into other places. Unfortunately, you just have to give it time to see. If you just graduated, I take it that you’re young. I’m 23 and I know I’m likely going to have to wait another year or two to re-apply. I know a lot of students who are 25 and older. If you’re driven and you have the desire to be a PA, everything will fall into place. Don’t give up but don’t settle either!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey all!! So I have changed my mind about attending SRU PA program (got off a waitlist at my top school) and I unfortunately just signed a lease for The Grove starting in June. The only way I can get out of it is if I find a replacement..

I had to sign two leases since they do not normally let people move in until August. I signed a 3 bedroom lease for June-July where you would be living with two other people who’s leases would also be ending at the end of July. Then I signed a 2 bedroom lease for August to the following July and you could choose to have them pick you a random roommate or live with the person I was going to live with. 

Rent is a little less than 700$ and everything is included!! The place looks so nice with lots of amenities..pool, gym, cafe, free parking, fully furnished!! There is no down payment/security deposit required! 

Please contact me if you are interested and I can answer any questions you have!! hns8769@lockhaven.edu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was just offered a seat today but I’m not entirely sure what I want to do yet. I’m not a huge fan of the area, as I always saw myself living in a city. I know there’s not a lot of free time, but location is still important to me. I want to know how well the current class is doing. They haven’t taken their exams yet, but I’m still curious about how many kids have dropped/failed out. My undergrad years were full of professors who didn’t teach and I really don’t want to be in that situation again. I know you’re not always going to have perfect professors, but I’m just worried about it being such a new program. At least for PA programs that have been around for decades, they know what students need to succeed. I’d consider living in Cranberry but I know it’s a hell of a commute. Is anyone on here in the program who can tell me a little about their experiences?

Archived