Application cycle 2017/2018

16 hours ago, lexiegigous said:

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would start a thread for applicants to UD's PA program for this cycle.

I applied June 1st, UD confirmed my completed application on June 8th, and I've been waiting since to hear back about an interview.

I received the under review on June 8 as well. Was started to get worried since it's been almost 2 months, glad someone else has the same timeline as me!=)

46 minutes ago, lexiegigous said:

Just an update, received the email today offering me an interview. August 23rd :)

Congratulations! Hoping to hear back from them also! 

On 7/22/2017 at 3:41 PM, kelzie said:

I received the under review on June 8 as well. Was started to get worried since it's been almost 2 months, glad someone else has the same timeline as me!=)

Application confirmed June 8th for me as well!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 11:04 AM, lexiegigous said:

Got the call this morning at 10am (August 29th) that they are offering me a spot :) 

I interviewed on August 23rd so only 6 days after my interview.

Goodluck everyone :)

Congrats to you! I have an interview coming up and it will be my first. Any advice or insight you can give?

12 hours ago, Richka05 said:

Congrats to you! I have an interview coming up and it will be my first. Any advice or insight you can give?

First off, good luck with your interview!

Fortunately, my interview with Dubuque was my second interview so I had a little practice beforehand! 

My biggest advice is to talk with the other applicants. Everyone is nervous, and making a friend or two can do so much for your nerves.

Also, know your application and have more than one patient experience to draw from. My interviewer asked me to tell her about a patient experience that has stuck with me. I wrote about a few patient experiences in my essay, but made sure to have a few others to talk about.

Lastly, be yourself and just breathe! If you don't know how to answer a question, take a drink of water to buy some time. Remember the adcom wants to learn about you, so take that opportunity to sell yourself.

Anyway, I've droned on a bit long. Good luck!

45 minutes ago, lexiegigous said:

Fortunately, my interview with Dubuque was my second interview so I had a little practice beforehand! 

My biggest advice is to talk with the other applicants. Everyone is nervous, and making a friend or two can do so much for your nerves.

Also, know your application and have more than one patient experience to draw from. My interviewer asked me to tell her about a patient experience that has stuck with me. I wrote about a few patient experiences in my essay, but made sure to have a few others to talk about.

Lastly, be yourself and just breathe! If you don't know how to answer a question, take a drink of water to buy some time. Remember the adcom wants to learn about you, so take that opportunity to sell yourself.

Do you remember how many applicants were at the interview you attended? And congrats to you also! How exciting :) 

3 hours ago, lexiegigous said:

I appreciate your response so much. Its not until October 18th but I feel the nerves every time I go to practice. I am trying to find the balance between being very personable and telling stories and being concise/ answering their question in a way I think will impress them. Did you elaborate on those experiences in your essay or talk about completely different ones?

I heard that you are interviewed by multiple people. Was that worse than being in a room with one person? Did you make eye contact with everyone in the room or focus on the person asking the questions? 

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, Richka05 said:

I appreciate your response so much. Its not until October 18th but I feel the nerves every time I go to practice. I am trying to find the balance between being very personable and telling stories and being concise/ answering their question in a way I think will impress them. Did you elaborate on those experiences in your essay or talk about completely different ones?

I heard that you are interviewed by multiple people. Was that worse than being in a room with one person? Did you make eye contact with everyone in the room or focus on the person asking the questions? 

Thank you. 

I talked about completely different experiences than the ones in my essay. 

And, i was only interviewed by one person, but I know some others were interviewed by 2 people at once! And from what I've heard/read is that you should make eye contact with both, so it doesn't seem like you are only talking to the one interviewer!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

I was just thinking about how some people were offered spots before the November 1 deadline. Meaning they could fill all of their spots before the applications close? Is that normal for PA programs to do? They do advise applying early but it makes me wonder how many spots are left and/or if they have any interview dates after late October. 

Has anyone been offered an interview later than October 18th? If so, good luck to all. 

2 hours ago, Richka05 said:

Hey everyone.

I was just thinking about how some people were offered spots before the November 1 deadline. Meaning they could fill all of their spots before the applications close? Is that normal for PA programs to do? They do advise applying early but it makes me wonder how many spots are left and/or if they have any interview dates after late October. 

Has anyone been offered an interview later than October 18th? If so, good luck to all. 

I think this is typical of school that utilize a rolling admissions process. I'm interviewing on October 11th, and I've been wondering how many spots are still open too. I've been trying not to overthink it and instead focus on being as prepared as I can be. Good luck with your interview :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 3:30 PM, edwar512 said:

I think this is typical of school that utilize a rolling admissions process. I'm interviewing on October 11th, and I've been wondering how many spots are still open too. I've been trying not to overthink it and instead focus on being as prepared as I can be. Good luck with your interview :) 

Congrats to you for interviewing! Have you heard back yet? They told me I should hear back before the end of October. Good luck to you as well. I really enjoyed the campus and how great of hosts the faculty were! I was very impressed with the program. 

On 10/20/2017 at 4:56 PM, Richka05 said:

Congrats to you for interviewing! Have you heard back yet? They told me I should hear back before the end of October. Good luck to you as well. I really enjoyed the campus and how great of hosts the faculty were! I was very impressed with the program. 

Thanks, you too! I agree, all of the faculty seemed really passionate and invested in helping the students succeed. I liked spending the day with current students, too! They all seemed to enjoy the program and made me even more even more excited to potentially attend. I haven't heard back yet. We were actually told we'd hear back after the 10/18 interview, but before the end of the month. I'm hoping that means this week! 

Archived