Life after PA school

I am about to begin my first year of PA school, moving a few states away from my home town. I am in a currently in a long term relationship and am doing long distance during school, but in the long term I plan on being with my SO when I finish school. He is in the military and will be moving frequently, so really my question is, does anyone know how easy/feasible it is to be a PA and move around a lot? Career is always my first priority, however I would like to be able to go with him whenever he moves if I can. I haven't been able to find much info on this anywhere else so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone has any more input. Thanks!

One thought is to become a civilian PA working for DoD. I've heard of people doing that.

If you stay for a bit in your first job (two years or so), you would have more experience and be a bit more able to change jobs. Bases are sometimes in smaller towns, so I'd say to look into working as a civilian employee.

Good luck!

That's a good idea; I will definitely have to look into that. He's in the coastguard and I know a lot of the coastguard is different than the rest of the military since its part of a different department so I don't know if that makes a difference as far as working on base. 

Archived