University of Evansville 2017-2018 Applicants

Hi! I figured I would start a thread for this year's cycle. I submitted my application on 7/17, was verified 7/18 and received an email from admissions that they reviewed my application by 7/20. It sounds like after the program's deadline of August 1st, they will send out interviews to be held in September. It's refreshing to have a program that's quick to get through the admissions process. 

I applied and meet all of the minimum standards, but I have not received any notification that my application is under review. Should I be worried? My CASPA application was verified one week after it opened, so they have had plenty of time to send out an email.

2 hours ago, cc2015 said:

I applied and meet all of the minimum standards, but I have not received any notification that my application is under review. Should I be worried? My CASPA application was verified one week after it opened, so they have had plenty of time to send out an email.

I would email them and see. I received an email a couple days after being verified that I was eligible and another 10 days later that they thought I was missing a prereq after initial review that has since been clarified with admissions. It never hurts to ask! 

12 hours ago, cc2015 said:

I agree with eheadley, it doesn't hurt to check in and make sure they received everything. I just looked and they did email me the day my application was verified that I had not sent them my official GRE scores. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, eheadley said:

@bchemnerd and @mf1215, just out of curiosity, did you receive an initial email from the school stating that you were a strong candidate for their program? Also, did it seem like there is just one interview date or multiple? Thanks in advanced!

I did receive an initial email referring to the strong candidate for their program... and I think they are only doing one interview date if I remember correctly.. I visited in early June and I think that was their initial plan back then! But it may have been two interview dates over the span of a Friday and Saturday with different interviewees for each day? But I could be completely wrong!

10 hours ago, bchemnerd said:

I did receive an initial email referring to the strong candidate for their program... and I think they are only doing one interview date if I remember correctly.. I visited in early June and I think that was their initial plan back then! But it may have been two interview dates over the span of a Friday and Saturday with different interviewees for each day? But I could be completely wrong!

Thanks for the info! Just wanted to see if they sent that email to everyone or not. That's what it sounded like on the website as well so I didn't know if the interview invite shed any light on that or not. Thanks!

I emailed Sherri to see if there were any updates and received this:

"We have sent out our interview invitations.  You are currently on our wait list.  I will let you know as soon as I know more."

So I would assume if you didn't get an invite, you are on the waitlist. I'm guessing it's a waitlist to interview.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Marcus and I'm a current student in the program. If you can't find what you're looking for on the website or through our  administrators, I would be happy to answer whatever questions I can. If it has not been said yet, the interviews are Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) format. Looking forward to meeting you all on interview day!

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, amarie2 said:

Anyone who got accepted, how long do they give you to confirm? I am high on the wait list and would like to know when people have to decide by! Thanks! Crossing my fingers to get off the wait list. 

How did you know where you are on the waitlist. I got waitlisted as well and was wondering what my chances were 

1 hour ago, Mk0414 said:

How did you know where you are on the waitlist. I got waitlisted as well and was wondering what my chances were 

I was waitlisted as well and my email didn't state anything about my ranking. I was wondering the same. Or how long those that got accepted have to put a deposit down.

I was waitlisted as well. I emailed Ms. Chambliss asking if she could tell me where I am on the waitlist and she said she didn't have any information to share about my ranking at this time. Hoping we hear more info soon! I also wonder how long those accepted have to decide.

Archived