AARP Article Focuses on NPs

The July-August edition of the AARP Bulletin features an article on nurse practitioners in its "Your Health" section - "A Practical Guide to Nurse Practitioners".  The article touts nurse practitioners as the answer to the primary care physician shortage.  There is not one mention of physician assistants.    Those who are members of AARP, and I'm sure there are a lot of us who are, might take a moment to write to the organization to educate them about the existence of, and value of PAs.

http://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2017/nurse-practitioners-primary-care-doctor.html

In the last paragraph it states, "Care costs and avoidable hospitalizations are at their lowest when patients are treated by an optimal mix of primary care physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, according to a report by the Robert Graham Center, a research organization that is aligned with the academy."

13 hours ago, weezianna said:

I merely posted an article noting that this publication featured NPs, and although as ACNPstudent, an obvious genius, pointed out that this is an article about NPs, it would be nice if there was an awareness of PAs also.  

Uh, PAs are mentioned twice in this article about NPs...

On 7/22/2017 at 8:32 AM, weezianna said:

I merely posted an article noting that this publication featured NPs, and although as ACNPstudent, an obvious genius, pointed out that this is an article about NPs, it would be nice if there was an awareness of PAs also.  

Awwww, stop it.  You're too kind.

Archived