HPU 2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, EDalbert said:

For those that have been accepted or received an interview, would you all mind sharing your stats and the type of HCE you had? Thanks!

Sure! 

I'm graduating from a small liberal arts college in May of 2018 with Health Science and Biology double major. 

CASPA cGPA: 3.70

CASPA sGPA: 3.59

HCE: 1,420 hours as an Assisted Living CNA and Medication Aide

Shadowing: 72 hours with Urgent Care PA, 72 hours with Family Medicine PA 

Submitted CASPA on 8/9, interview invite on 9/19 for 9/30, accepted on 10/5! 

I felt like the interview was really important in getting accepted, I was really able to show why I wanted to be a PA and why I would be a great fit for their program. Everyone was so nice and welcoming! Good luck, I hope you get an interview/get accepted! :) 

52 minutes ago, EDalbert said:

For those that have been accepted or received an interview, would you all mind sharing your stats and the type of HCE you had? Thanks!

I interviewed on 9/30 and was also accepted on 10/5!

Non-science GPA: 3.72

Science GPA: 3.68

HCE: 1,500+ working as a CNA in an assisted living and currently as an MA in an internal medicine practice.

Shadowing: 100 with Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Orthopedics.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, mobro21 said:

I submitted my deposit along with all of my paperwork to accept my seat on 10/11 and haven't heard anything. Anyone else accepted heard anything else?

I haven’t heard anything either after submitting my deposit and paperwork.

I know the acceptance email said something about orientation beginning on May 31st, and I wonder when classes begin? I graduate on May 5th, so I’m hoping my final transcript will be available in time! 

On 10/16/2017 at 10:56 AM, mobro21 said:

I submitted my deposit along with all of my paperwork to accept my seat on 10/11 and haven't heard anything. Anyone else accepted heard anything else?

I recently made my deposit and just emailed my paperwork today. I asked if there was any confirmation of matriculation from the university or if the payment notification was the main form of confirming acceptance. I was told that the payment notification was the only form of confirmation they have at this time but they are working on forming a Facebook group for all accepted students! Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived