2017-2018 Cycle

On 8/22/2017 at 5:56 PM, menehunemed said:

Congrats to those that have received interview invites! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, when you submitted, how soon after you received the "application is under review" email did you get an invite, etc?

sGPA: 3.5
cGPA: 3.4
GPA from last 50+ units: 4.0 
GRE: 313 

app under review email received: 6/16
interview invite email received: 8/3

hope that helps!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Pez said:

Can your undergraduate degree be in progress at the time of application? I have completed all my prerequisites. 

all courses intended to meet prerequisite requirements much be completed at the time of application. Coursework in progress will not be accepted.

A GPA of 3.0 or higher is required in overall coursework.  

A GPA of 3.0 or higher is required in the last 30 hours of sciences courses.

I'll be there tomorrow too! I'm wondering if the "group" interview they mentioned is a group of interviewers to one applicant or if they mean a group of applicants to one or more interviewers ? As I've heard group interview can refer to both! Also curious about the writing/research assignment. Anywho...I wish you guys all the best of luck I wish we could ALL make it to the class!

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, abp_520 said:

I'll be there tomorrow too! I'm wondering if the "group" interview they mentioned is a group of interviewers to one applicant or if they mean a group of applicants to one or more interviewers ? As I've heard group interview can refer to both! Also curious about the writing/research assignment. Anywho...I wish you guys all the best of luck I wish we could ALL make it to the class!

Hey! I have my interview this Saturday on the 30th! Since you already had your interview, can you confirm the style of it? Group/ individual/writing/MMI? I was going to contact Dominican directly but figured I would try here first.

Thank you!

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:56 AM, lpq said:

I'll be at 9/30. Excited to meet everyone:)

Are most people flying into SFO then getting a rental car? Trying to see whats the best travel options haha

Hey I also have my interview on the 30th! I am flying into SFO and planning on taking an uber everywhere lol. Figured it'll be cheaper than rental with parking and all in San Fran...?

4 minutes ago, Mona_ said:

Do you guys have any idea how many applications they received and how many interviews they’ll have? I interviewed on the 23rd and I’m just trying to see what my chances are based on how many interviews they’ll offer lol. 

I interviewed on the 23rd as well and I remember them saying they will be interviewing everyone first before they make any decisions and that we will hear from them in 3 weeks. By that logic, I assume they interview for 3 weeks at approx 30-32 students per session once a week. So I'd say 3 x 30 = they interview anywhere from 90-100 students? So your odds are 30 seats /100 students = 30% chance. lol my speculations based on what I recall from Director Maldonado saying. 

28 minutes ago, abp_520 said:

I interviewed on the 23rd as well and I remember them saying they will be interviewing everyone first before they make any decisions and that we will hear from them in 3 weeks. By that logic, I assume they interview for 3 weeks at approx 30-32 students per session once a week. So I'd say 3 x 30 = they interview anywhere from 90-100 students? So your odds are 30 seats /100 students = 30% chance. lol my speculations based on what I recall from Director Maldonado saying. 

30%...not bad lol. I remember her saying 3 weeks too, but I’m hoping it ends up being sooner! But from the looks of this thread, it looks like the only interviews that will take place before the 3 week mark will be the 9/23 and 9/30! 

15 hours ago, abp_520 said:

I do recall only seeing 3 interview sessions in the interview invite email. However, I overheard some students saying that there was going to be 5 sessions. Approximately 5 x 30=150 students. If so, that would lower the chances from about 30% to about 20%. Can someone confirm hearing this also?

On 9/26/2017 at 8:04 AM, moyac said:

Hey I also have my interview on the 30th! I am flying into SFO and planning on taking an uber everywhere lol. Figured it'll be cheaper than rental with parking and all in San Fran...?

Awesome, I'll meet you this Saturday then! Best wishes :)

On 9/27/2017 at 7:03 PM, Mona_ said:

30%...not bad lol. I remember her saying 3 weeks too, but I’m hoping it ends up being sooner! But from the looks of this thread, it looks like the only interviews that will take place before the 3 week mark will be the 9/23 and 9/30! 

Hey Mona! It's Stephanie... remember me from Last Saturday :) ... hope we hear back soon! 

On 9/29/2017 at 4:22 PM, place123 said:

Is there an application fee of $50 in addition to the $50 you spend on CASPA?  I got an email from the school telling me to fill out the application fee form after I have already paid.

if so where do I find it?

No, there isn't. I also received this email after I submitted my application. But then I received a follow-up email saying that they received my application and that it's under review. So you're good! 

Archived