Going from community college to PA school.

Hello everyone, this is the first time I am posting on this site/forum and I hope to get a few responses from helpful individuals. 

My situation is that, I have been attending a CC and have been taking prerequisites while here because honestly I could not afford university and did not want to take out loans before getting into a profession school. Either way, I have been doing ok at the community college with cGPA of 3.3 and sGPA of 3.6. I have been working as a pharmacy tech for awhile but I may switch to more hands on with patient type of job. Now, my question is: what is the likelihood of me getting into PA school directly from community college? I have not taken the GRE yet but I will be doing that soon. I am in no rush to applying soon but I just want to clear my situation and get some input on that beforehand (Fall of 2019 is my goal). Thanks in advance for your responses. 

3 hours ago, PAmed99 said:

Hello everyone, this is the first time I am posting on this site/forum and I hope to get a few responses from helpful individuals. 

My situation is that, I have been attending a CC and have been taking prerequisites while here because honestly I could not afford university and did not want to take out loans before getting into a profession school. Either way, I have been doing ok at the community college with cGPA of 3.3 and sGPA of 3.6. I have been working as a pharmacy tech for awhile but I may switch to more hands on with patient type of job. Now, my question is: what is the likelihood of me getting into PA school directly from community college? I have not taken the GRE yet but I will be doing that soon. I am in no rush to applying soon but I just want to clear my situation and get some input on that beforehand (Fall of 2019 is my goal). Thanks in advance for your responses. 

I don't think CC is in any way detrimental to your pursuit of PA school. I think there are many CC that offer quality education and recently many people are beginning to utilize them, especially for generals, due to their relatively lower cost. 

With that being said, you will need a bachelor's degree before getting into 99% of PA schools. Your grades will be the most important factor for getting into PA school, not where you took the classes or what university awards you your degree. 

Archived