Connecticut: Sacred Heart University 2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an unfortunate experience with Sacred Heart University. I got an email from them telling me that my application was never reviewed because I had a missing document. This is not true since I sent the document 2 months earlier than needed. It was due in October and I sent it in August. Apparently my update was never forwarded to the new person in charge of PA admissions, so I'd been waiting all this time to hear (anything) from them only to find out that I'd been rejected over a technical issue. I had no control over this since the previous person got my message but communication was never made to the next person. 

My hope is for no one to have this happen to them. I'm only writing this to let you know that if something like this does happen to you and it doesn't feel right, don't be afraid to seek answers. Stick up for yourself. I've been in contact with them and they were responsive, but I was left with the impression that there wasn't much that could be done. All I got was a "good luck in the next cycle." It was a pretty dispiriting interaction but what can I do. Moving on to other avenues, all I can say now is best of luck to the rest of you. 

hey all, has anyone received their acceptance packet as yet...thought I would have received it by now...received the email for deposit information with student ID...deposit paid.... but would like something tangible to make this real...still in disbelief. 

Any help from those accepted or current students would be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Tmcphee said:

hey all, has anyone received their acceptance packet as yet...thought I would have received it by now...received the email for deposit information with student ID...deposit paid.... but would like something tangible to make this real...still in disbelief. 

Any help from those accepted or current students would be appreciated.

Received mine by standard mail yesterday - I'm in the NYC area so it may take a few more days if you're farther away. For the time being, an easy way to make it official is to set up your SHU ID and email account (instructions in the email.) 

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, nothing here as well. Usually after the first deposit due date, there could be movement. After that, it would be minimal movement, due to very few people change their mind about their commitment.

Best approach is to ignore the waitlist, and continue to strengthen your qualifications. Worst case scenario, better chance the next round with this program. Just don't lose faith in yourself everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a phone call this morning letting me know that I have been pulled off the wait-list and accepted into the program. I am so excited to join you guys in this program. I wish everyone else on the wait list the best of luck and hope you too can join us, do not lose hope. I am so excited to see what this fall will bring us and look forward to getting to know our cohort better.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am a prospective student for Sacred Heart's PA program. I was wondering if any of you could give me some insight into the GPA stats and other stats you guys applied with/ if you got in or not. I'd really like to see if I can match up :/

Thanks for any help!

Archived