Connecticut: Sacred Heart University 2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/30/2017 at 9:16 PM, JC0511 said:

Hello SHU PA Applicants, 

Just wanted to hop on here and say hello to all of you. I am a current student, please feel free to ask my any questions I'd be happy to answer them the best I can. I wish you all luck during your application process. 

-J

Hello,

I am looking to book a hotel for my upcoming interview date and just wanted to confirm that the interviews take place at the Stamford campus, correct?

Thank you

LKipp 

On November 2, 2017 at 8:57 PM, lkipp said:

Hello,

I am looking to book a hotel for my upcoming interview date and just wanted to confirm that the interviews take place at the Stamford campus, correct?

Thank you

LKipp 

Hi my interview on Oct 21 was on the main campus...farfield...I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Bridgeport...it was a 7 min drive and it was the cheapest I found. I would suggest that hotel it was such a quick drive!! Goodluck at your interview!!! :)

On 11/2/2017 at 8:57 PM, lkipp said:

Hello,

Thank you

LKipp 

I am not sure, it should be on the invitation. I have been on the main campus in the Fairfield, the days they have had them there, but it is very possible they could have it in Stamford, as there is another Sacred Heart campus at the Landmark, and our campus at the Tandet center. My best suggestion would be to confirm with the program, to make sure you go to the right location. Either locations will have numerous hotel around for you to stay, but if you are not from this area, just a fyi both I-95 and the Merrit Pkwy can be unpredictable as far as traffic, so remember to budget extra time, especially if you have a afternoon interview. 

On 10/30/2017 at 2:39 PM, Tmcphee said:

Hey Healthtraveler cn you give some insight on what to expect on interview day.....

I do not want to give away what will happen on interview day and i know certain aspects of the interview are not the same as last year. That being said, just be yourself and expect to talk a lot with everyone! There are a number of people in our class that interviewed with a bunch of others in our class of 34 (so you never know who you will be meeting that day! probably future roommates and study buddies!) 

6 hours ago, sfuentes said:

Staying at Holiday Inn for the interview this weekend. I plan on getting a rental car but am debating on using uber instead. Anyone have any thoughts about this? 

last year, i stayed at hotel hi-ho in bridgeport and took an uber to my interview. pretty easy. worked out perfectly. the only downside is that i didn't get to scope out the building until i showed up to my interview. 

save the money on the rental and take uber, you will be fine

46 minutes ago, healthtraveler said:

last year, i stayed at hotel hi-ho in bridgeport and took an uber to my interview. pretty easy. worked out perfectly. the only downside is that i didn't get to scope out the building until i showed up to my interview. 

save the money on the rental and take uber, you will be fine

okay great! thank you!

Some publically available information (from an info session): SHU interviews about 150 people for 42 spots, and waits until interviews are completed to make their decisions. Notifications will be made by faculty sometime in January once everyone has been reviewed (a.k.a NOT rolling admissions.) Interviews are held at the Fairfield Campus of SHU, but the program itself is housed out of Stamford Hospital. 

Hope this helps some people feel less nervous

Archived