Connecticut: Sacred Heart University 2017-2018 Cycle

On 10/4/2017 at 11:06 AM, averyi said:

Hello all, will anyone else be interviewing Oct 21st at 12pm? I'm also looking to book a hotel as I am coming from LA. Congrats to everyone who received interviews! 

Hello! I will be! I'm also looking to book a hotel since I live about 2 hours away. I have not picked a hotel yet. How about you? 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, MarkMass said:

I'm new to Stamford myself so I am still learning about it. It is relatively expensive. Being a city that's growing and transitioning, there are a lot of new and old housing options. You can easily find a place to live but apartments seem to run anywhere from $1800-2800 a month for a one bed. There are a ton of new buildings with pools, gyms, etc. Depending on your situation(pets, willingness to have a roommate) it can vary a bit. 

Parking is a work in progress. There is no on-site parking at the hospital/program building.  They are looking for new options for garages or you can find garages with monthly rates nearby on your own. If you commute in via train there is a free shuttle from stamford train station to the hospital. Again, depending on your situation, you can find apartments within walking or biking distance. Traffic on 95 is a nightmare so driving can be hell  but there are commutable towns nearby. Norwalk/South Norwalk(sono) is becoming a popular area as well. A bunch of classmates worked with a realtor who found a group rate at a local building.  Overall point: there are a lot of apartments  but it's not cheap to live here. You can save money and live farther away but you may spend 1-2 hours commuting each way. Personally, I would rather have that time to study or do personal things but to each is own. 

Hi Mark,

Thank you talking about transportation  I was worried about that as I live an hour away. I have my interview scheduled on October 21st. Can you let me know what to expect? I very nervous and preparing but anything will help.

~best

On July 27, 2017 at 1:38 AM, MarkMass said:

Glad to see a forum started for the program.  I am an accepted student waiting to start in August.  When I was going through the process last year it was very helpful to have current students available to field questions so I would like to do the same for you all.

My interview offer came in late September and I was given two options for the first and second weeks in November to interview.  I'm not sure if it will be the same this year.

The program is in Stamford, not the main campus in Fairfield.  The facility is brand new and state of the art and is across from the brand new Stamford Hospital.  

Good luck to everyone and feel free to send questions.

Hi Mark. I know SHU is huge on community service. What type of community service has the program done as a group? Thank you!

1 minute ago, sfuentes said:

I applied on September 12th

Makes me wonder if I should reach out. I applied back in August. They asked me about my last letter of rec that was missing. Got it to them within a week, notified them and got an email saying they were able to move forward with reviewing my application. I'm just anxiously awaiting any feedback, they're my first choice and I really want to go there.

4 minutes ago, sfuentes said:

I applied on September 12th

Hi! Thanks! I submitted my applications the last week of June, and I heard from SHU 3 days after their deadline closed.... The sooner apply the better but because they don't start until next fall you have time and may hear back in December if not early spring! Good luck! 

3 hours ago, Monmich8 said:

Makes me wonder if I should reach out. I applied back in August. They asked me about my last letter of rec that was missing. Got it to them within a week, notified them and got an email saying they were able to move forward with reviewing my application. I'm just anxiously awaiting any feedback, they're my first choice and I really want to go there.

I don't think it would hurt to reach out!

1 hour ago, rubyk25 said:

Interviewing on November 12th! Is anyone planning on attending the College of Health Professions & College of Nursing Graduate Information Session on November 11th at 9:00 am?

I am planning on attending it as well! I'm flying in on Friday evening.

14 hours ago, rr7720a said:

Anyone that interviewed on October 7th want to share how the interview went?? I have my interview this weekend and I am starting to get nervous! 

Mine is this weekend too.... I could barely sleep last night! 

Yes any feedback would great appreciated!! 

Congrats! What day are you flying in?

I actually just received a message from Eva that the 12th has been filled and I am being offered the 18th. I have a conflict with the 18th but if there are no other available dates then I will go with the 18th and cancel my previous obligation. If I go with the 18th then I will probably fly in on Friday the 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just received a message from Eva that the 12th has been filled and I am being offered the 18th. I have a conflict with the 18th but if there are no other available dates then I will go with the 18th and cancel my previous obligation. If I go with the 18th then I will probably fly in on Friday the 17th.

I just edited my original post. I finally accepted the Dec. 3rd date due to some schedule conflicts. This means that I will be flying in on Saturday the 2nd.

I applied at the end of september and haven't heard back from the program yet. I'm not sure if they look at the applications in order from when they are submitted and I also did see they offered early interviews before the deadline which I thought was a strict deadline and not rolling basis. Waiting isn't fun!

On 10/26/2017 at 4:10 PM, mkayx3 said:

I applied at the end of september and haven't heard back from the program yet. I'm not sure if they look at the applications in order from when they are submitted and I also did see they offered early interviews before the deadline which I thought was a strict deadline and not rolling basis. Waiting isn't fun!

As a current student, I think they offered interviews earlier because there were more applications than they had anticipated. I think some faculty members had mentioned adding additional interview dates to accommodate for this. They want to interview all qualified applicants. Rolling basis means they will admit students directly after interviewing until all spots are filled. From my understanding, Sacred Heart waits until all applicants have interviewed and then will decide on a class. Just be patient! and good luck! 

Archived