Connecticut: Sacred Heart University 2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see a forum started for the program.  I am an accepted student waiting to start in August.  When I was going through the process last year it was very helpful to have current students available to field questions so I would like to do the same for you all.

My interview offer came in late September and I was given two options for the first and second weeks in November to interview.  I'm not sure if it will be the same this year.

The program is in Stamford, not the main campus in Fairfield.  The facility is brand new and state of the art and is across from the brand new Stamford Hospital.  

Good luck to everyone and feel free to send questions.

On 7/27/2017 at 1:38 AM, MarkMass said:

Glad to see a forum started for the program.  I am an accepted student waiting to start in August.  When I was going through the process last year it was very helpful to have current students available to field questions so I would like to do the same for you all.

My interview offer came in late September and I was given two options for the first and second weeks in November to interview.  I'm not sure if it will be the same this year.

The program is in Stamford, not the main campus in Fairfield.  The facility is brand new and state of the art and is across from the brand new Stamford Hospital.  

Thanks for taking the time to check in on us.  How is the housing situation up there? commute? rent? 

3 hours ago, FunkyMedic said:

Thanks for taking the time to check in on us.  How is the housing situation up there? commute? rent? 

I'm new to Stamford myself so I am still learning about it. It is relatively expensive. Being a city that's growing and transitioning, there are a lot of new and old housing options. You can easily find a place to live but apartments seem to run anywhere from $1800-2800 a month for a one bed. There are a ton of new buildings with pools, gyms, etc. Depending on your situation(pets, willingness to have a roommate) it can vary a bit. 

Parking is a work in progress. There is no on-site parking at the hospital/program building.  They are looking for new options for garages or you can find garages with monthly rates nearby on your own. If you commute in via train there is a free shuttle from stamford train station to the hospital. Again, depending on your situation, you can find apartments within walking or biking distance. Traffic on 95 is a nightmare so driving can be hell  but there are commutable towns nearby. Norwalk/South Norwalk(sono) is becoming a popular area as well. A bunch of classmates worked with a realtor who found a group rate at a local building.  Overall point: there are a lot of apartments  but it's not cheap to live here. You can save money and live farther away but you may spend 1-2 hours commuting each way. Personally, I would rather have that time to study or do personal things but to each is own. 

Wow, that's good info.  Thanks. I'm from a smaller city in the south east and those 1br prices are 3x what they are here.  I haven't had an interview offer yet (I think they come out a little later from this school) so maybe I'm jumping the gun a little but it's still good to know what I would be getting into.  Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:38 AM, MarkMass said:

Best of luck to you! What was the interview process like? How soon after your interview were you notified of acceptance, via email or telephone?

Interview was pretty standard. Group activity, panel interview, one on one with the director, general mingling at breakfast, and some current students there to chat with. It may change a bit since this will be the 3rd year. 

Notification was after all interviews were conducted. I want to say early to mid January. One of the faculty will call you. 

On 8/28/2017 at 10:01 AM, Monmich8 said:

Best of luck to you! What was the interview process like? How soon after your interview were you notified of acceptance, via email or telephone?

Also remember that interviews change as programs grow. My biggest advice to anyone for any interview is to be yourself. Seriously. 

The faculty is great and if you interview you'll see that. Good luck to everyone.  

On 8/31/2017 at 6:35 PM, MarkMass said:

Also remember that interviews change as programs grow. My biggest advice to anyone for any interview is to be yourself. Seriously. 

The faculty is great and if you interview you'll see that. Good luck to everyone.  

Thanks for the feedback! From my research, everyone says the faculty is great which is really awesome to hear! I'm jumping the gun here, interview invites haven't even been offered. I just keep imaginging myself in the program and get excited when I think about it. Time to come back down to reality! Good luck to you in a new semester.

everyone applying, good luck! Hope we all get what we deserve and worked hard for!

I applied back in mid-May. I had a choice of Oct 7th or Oct 22nd, so it looks like they're starting interviews earlier this year. Couldn't get off work on the 7th so I had to choose the 22nd. I interviewed here last year, it's a great program, and the staff are amazing. Hoping for a better outcome this time. Good luck to all! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived