KPwannabeaPA

2017-2018 Application Cycle for 2018 Start

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By kluu1
      Hi I was wondering if anyone ever took the Masters in Medical Science program from UNTHSC before applying for PA school?
      It's a 1 rigorous program.
      I am interested in applying for it to possibly strengthen my application, but I would love some insight from anyone who had taken it too.
    • By HopefulthinkingPA
      What are my chances to get into a PA program? What programs would accept me? Or should I apply to post bacc/ or masters program? 
      I have a 2.88 GPA. BS in Human Biology. I have not taken the GRE. I am 26yrs Female AA. I have well over 1000 hours of clinical experience (paid, nonpaid/volunteer).
      I currently took a leave of absence from my position as a High-school science teacher, to take Biochemistry, Epidemiology and study for MCAT (plan on applying to Master of Biomedical to gain acceptance into DO school which is my ultimate dream). I am also considering PA school 
      MY  Letters Of Recommendation is from a  Chief PA at a  hospital and 2 MDs that are Directors  of Hospital. 

I want to remain hopeful but my dreams seem like they are drifting further away from me each day. I need advice.

• By Janab
      Hi everyone!
      Does anyone here know what the preferred housing options are for the students in the PA program? Is it more convenient/affordable for the students to live in the dorms on campus or do most of the students commute from elsewhere in Manhattan/another boro for the entirety of the program? Thanks in advance!
    • By Maylily7
      Hello!
      I was wondering if anyone accepted into Boston University's program could share or message their application stats (gpa, HCE...), I want to know whether, if I were to apply in a later cycle I could be considered a competitive applicant. Thank you for reading this and thank you for your time, I appreciate it a lot!
      -Maylily7
      P.S. I'll put my stats here if ya want to comment on my chances of acceptance: cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.5, Dean's List 7/8 semesters (currently in my last semester), about 100 hours volunteering for my school's EMS. I don't have a lot of Patient care hours but I am hoping to take a gap year and work on that. I also hope to retake the GRE to improve my score as well. Again, thanks so much!
    • By 2020TXPA
      Hi everyone! 
      I'm really hoping someone on here can ease my anxiety right now because I am really freaking out. I have recently been accepted into a really great PA program that I am in love with and can't wait to attend. Earlier today I received an email stating that they would start verifying the prerequisites of all the admitted students to make sure that they meet the requirements of the program [including that all science courses with labs are taken in person, they are intended for science majors (not allied health, health science, or nursing majors), all prerequisite courses received a letter grade (no AP credit on transcript for prerequisites), they are not expired, ect.]. I don't know why the heck I am just now realizing this (literally hate myself so much right now for being so negligent), but the microbiology course I took was not intended for science majors and was instead for the health sciences. This does not and will not fulfill the prerequisite I need for Microbiology. I am hoping and praying that maybe they will perhaps skim it over and not notice? The program matriculates this summer and so it is too late at this point for me to register and take the correct microbiology class. Luckily, if I do have to give up my seat in this program due to this careless mistake, I have also been accepted into another PA program that will count my class and so it will not be an issue. But I am absolutely in love with the program I decided to attend and am just really really freaking out right now. Does anyone think that there is a chance the admissions committee won't notice that it's the incorrect microbio class? Has anyone experienced something similar to this before? Thank in advance for any questions answered and advice given.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More