University of Cumberland 2017-2018

Kind of felt like the interview process wasn't very in depth, almost as if they sort of already knew who they were picking and they just wanted to make sure you were not a complete train wreck. They did not offer the chance to ask them any questions, even though they stated they would. 

Now on the pro side they did have some pretty sweet facilities, the campus provides affordable housing that is pet friendly and legit 100 yards from the PA building so that is a huge plus. 

If you are one of those people that are big about getting the clinical sites you want, this program has a pretty big red flag. During the student panel the current students implied that the clinical coordinator is a bit distant and unreliable, they cited the fact that she is having a child soon as a cause for concern for the incoming class as they think she will become more unreliable once her child is born. Take that as you will, I am not overly concerned about it myself. 

They do not have a cadaver lab, but they do have a sym lab and some overly extravagant touch screen table that is supposed to be a virtual cadaver. The students turned it on for us at the interview, it seemed sort of useful but if you value the use of cadaver in your education, this is not going to be able to supplement. 

Probably got into the weeds a little here but just trying to be helpful, I would probably accept a seat if offered, and a seat at a school is all that really matters in the end. 

• Upvote 1