Health care hours on letterhead

Hi all! I'm completing my CASPA application for the 2017-2018 cycle and was wondering when getting health care hours on a letterhead from a supervisor do they need to include anything other than the hours? Does it have to be brief with a few sentences stating I worked from these range of dates and made these many hours or a paragraph on what I did, how well I did it and then the hours?

Thank you in advance!

Is this a new CASPA requirement? When I applied it was basically honor system and we just had to provide the contact information of our supervisors in case they wanted to double check it.

I would just follow exactly what CASPA's instructions are. There's no need to make it long if all they need is verification.

I've only had one school ask for an upload in the misc. documents section as proof with a signature. The program provides a print out to fill out with a signature and a little box for comments by your manager.  Other than that it is honor system on CASPA.

23 hours ago, smith4 said:

Is this a new CASPA requirement? When I applied it was basically honor system and we just had to provide the contact information of our supervisors in case they wanted to double check it.

I would just follow exactly what CASPA's instructions are. There's no need to make it long if all they need is verification.

Some of the schools do request you to scan it and upload it in the 'documents' section. I'll definitely read it through.

17 hours ago, JD2012 said:

I've only had one school ask for an upload in the misc. documents section as proof with a signature. The program provides a print out to fill out with a signature and a little box for comments by your manager.  Other than that it is honor system on CASPA.

Yes, I had a few of those. I was just wondering if they did need that document uploaded onto the documents section, how much does the supervisor need to write? Or do they just briefly write the dates of your employment followed by "this person completed ______ hours" and that's it?

9 hours ago, AspiringPA21 said:

Yes, I had a few of those. I was just wondering if they did need that document uploaded onto the documents section, how much does the supervisor need to write? Or do they just briefly write the dates of your employment followed by "this person completed ______ hours" and that's it?

The one school has been FSU, which they have on their main program site if you want to check it out.  On CASPA, under the documents tab they had an upload link for that particular form.  They had boxes to fill out, pretty self-explanatory, detail your duties, and there was a box for my supervisor to put in any additional comments.  My supervisor just mentioned a few of my positive attributes and signed off.

Archived