Augusta University Applying 2017 for 2018 Start

6 hours ago, Rinmi said:

So my status is still "Ready for Review", however I received a letter from office of admissions with just my transcript. Is that normal? I'm a little confused by what this means.

Yes, everyone gets one once the office of academic admissions finishes reviewing your application. 

47 minutes ago, wderwin8 said:

Hope everyone's interview went well on Monday!

Anyone have any insights as to how full the class is at this point? Also, is the last interview date in December?

My advice to you is not to worry about how full the class is! It doesn't matter if you're the first or last one to be put in the class and they have been known to increase the class size by one or two from time to time if they have one spot left and two excellent candidates. They typically interview until late December to mid-January.

19 minutes ago, RRTtoPA-C said:

My advice to you is not to worry about how full the class is! It doesn't matter if you're the first or last one to be put in the class and they have been known to increase the class size by one or two from time to time if they have one spot left and two excellent candidates. They typically interview until late December to mid-January.

Very true...I'm still waiting for Admissions to review my application, trying to keep a positive outlook

19 minutes ago, wderwin8 said:

Very true...I'm still waiting for Admissions to review my application, trying to keep a positive outlook

I understand, just remember until your status says "decision made, notification by mail" there is still a chance. The point yall are in right now is the most nerve-racking part of the whole process. Keep your spirits up, rest assured that interviews are still currently going on.

I'm sure some people have probably gotten rejection letters, but some people have been accepted into the Class of 2020. The status "Decision Made" means they have definitely made a decision and mailed your letter. It will either be a rejection or waitlist letter or a packet of information if you are accepted, and it should be in soon. I remember I interviewed on a Monday and got my letter in the mail exactly one week later. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KPwannabeaPA said:

Anyone else have interviews this month or heard back about acceptance or waitlist? Good luck! Can't wait to meet our class!

I got my letter yesterday saying I was waitlisted! Second year of being waitlisted but hopefully this time around it leads to an acceptance. Have to stay positive!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I interviewed back in October and received a letter saying I am waitlisted 3.5 weeks after my interview date. I am a little discouraged because it seems like a lot of people have already been accepted already, so I'm sure the class is close to being full by now. Current students, do any of you have an idea how many students on average are pulled from the waitlist each year? I know it really just depends on who accepts their spot and who doesn't, but in your experience, how many of your classmates were waitlist prior to being offered a seat in your class? Hoping for the best obviously, but also trying to remain realistic in case I need to reapply.

I know last cycle, several (~10 or more) were pulled from waitlist. Don't get discouraged! Someone was literally pulled off waitlist the week before we started. Yes, the class is filling up, but some people will turn down offers or decide to go somewhere. You should always have a back plan, but do not panic!! Be optimistic. Interview cycles are almost over, and people will start making final decisions which will effect where you stand on the waitlist. Good luck!

Hi everyone, I think I already know the answer to this question from reading the above responses, but I guess I just want reassurance.

I applied to 7 programs on June 2, 2017 and have been rejected from all but two. I am still waiting to hear back from Augusta and PCOM (GA), both of which I applied to last cycle. Should I be worried? Assume that I did not get in a second time?

I am debating whether to apply to PA school for a third time if I do not get in this cycle. I am not sure where I can improve on my application...I have 1000+ hours of patient contact hours, a 3.4 undergrad and a 4.0 graduate GPA (MS psychology), I am a registered CNA and currently work as a medical assistant/scribe in a family practice office. I  work along side NPs, PAs and MDs on a daily basis. I write their charts and take care of their patients to the best of my ability. I (feel like) I have really strong letters of recommendations as well. My narrative was as good as I could get it after 6 months of drafting. The only thing I can think of is that I did not get all A's in my pre reqs, and my GRE score was not the greatest. 

All of the providers that I work with say that I should be a great candidate for any PA program. However, it seems that the admissions committees are not seeing on paper what they see in me as a colleague. Any suggestions? I don't want to give up on my dream of becoming a PA, but I don't know if I can afford/ emotionally handle another cycle of applications. Feeling very defeated over here.

Any suggestions? Words of encouragement? I'll take it. Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...