Augusta University Applying 2017 for 2018 Start

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, futurePA1328 said:

I had an interview last week, and they said we should be expecting a call within the next 2 weeks if we got accepted (because we were the last round of interviews). I have not received a call yet, and my application still says ready for review, any idea on when I could be expecting some news? Hoping for a Christmas miracle haha 

I'm in the same boat!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

36 minutes ago, cmg0321 said:

Just curious, did you see a change in your status online before you received your letter?

Yes, a week after our interview it changed from "Ready to review" to "Decision made by Admissions Committee; notification is by mail." It took another two weeks to receive the letter. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pre-PA, have a question for you all who applied to Augusta's program.

I am confused about the prerequisites.

On the page for prospective students it shows mandatory course prereqs: the standard bio, chem, A&P , etc. However there is another column for prerequisites with subheadings of Essential Skills  (English I, II), Professional Skills (Speech, Ethics, Economics, etc), humanities, social sciences, guided electives. 

For undergrad I attended a liberal arts college with no core curriculum and I am confused about what courses I have count. Augusta's prereqs seem to be extremely extensive, whereas other programs just require the standard plus a few. 

I emailed admissions and they told me "The best way to determine which credits you have is to apply to the program and send us your official transcripts. We will then complete a transfer evaluation and send you that document via mail so you know what you must take and what you have already satisfied."

but it doesn't make sense--why would i apply and waste time and money on a cycle when I am not even sure if i have all the prereqs? They also told me to look at the online Transfer Equivalency Guide, but my college isn't on there.

I told them this and all they said was "I encourage you to work with your current academic advisor to determine transfer credits. Unfortunately, we cannot give you any type of preliminary credit evaluation."

How did you guys figure out prereqs for Augusta?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, mxstiina said:

Pre-PA, have a question for you all who applied to Augusta's program.

I am confused about the prerequisites.

On the page for prospective students it shows mandatory course prereqs: the standard bio, chem, A&P , etc. However there is another column for prerequisites with subheadings of Essential Skills  (English I, II), Professional Skills (Speech, Ethics, Economics, etc), humanities, social sciences, guided electives. 

For undergrad I attended a liberal arts college with no core curriculum and I am confused about what courses I have count. Augusta's prereqs seem to be extremely extensive, whereas other programs just require the standard plus a few. 

I emailed admissions and they told me "The best way to determine which credits you have is to apply to the program and send us your official transcripts. We will then complete a transfer evaluation and send you that document via mail so you know what you must take and what you have already satisfied."

but it doesn't make sense--why would i apply and waste time and money on a cycle when I am not even sure if i have all the prereqs? They also told me to look at the online Transfer Equivalency Guide, but my college isn't on there.

I told them this and all they said was "I encourage you to work with your current academic advisor to determine transfer credits. Unfortunately, we cannot give you any type of preliminary credit evaluation."

How did you guys figure out prereqs for Augusta?

Have you received any answer on this? Because i am in the same boat trying to figuer out if i need to take Biology I and II or if they will accept my genetics and biochemistry course in place of biology I and II. I have otherwise completed rest of the pre-requisites. 

• 2 years later...
On 8/1/2017 at 1:55 PM, cmedley said:

Hey guys! I'm a current student. Let me know if you have any questions about the program, or anything I might could help with! Good luck!!

Hello! I know this post was years ago and things may have changed between then and now, but I’m very nervous for my interview. Am I correct in thinking that AU uses a group interview style? And this year the interviews are virtual! Do you have any advice?

• Upvote 1