Augusta University Applying 2017 for 2018 Start

RRTtoPA-C is right! I applied before they did, but they got an interview before me because the application is rolling, and the faculty pick who they think fits first no matter what order they applied. They'll have people accepted way before they application due date. They get over 1,000 applications, and out of the 120 people they interview, they'll accept 44. If you get an interview, the best thing you can do is be confident and stand out!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 2:33 PM, RRTtoPA-C said:

So this is what I know about the process before the PA dept. but don't quote me on it. Academic admissions gets your app first, they make sure everything checks out like GPA requirements, GRE scores, etc, and they read your admission essay. If everything checks out and they like your essay they pass it on, and your status changes to complete. So just because you submitted first doesn't mean someone else didn't beat you to the complete stage. They receive ALOT of apps the first day it opens, historically July 1st. Then the PA dept gets those apps and has to sift through them and pick out the ones they think would be the best "fit for this program." They pick about 15-20 people per interview date. With that being said, it's a rolling admission so they don't wait until they have all the apps and pick out 100-115 students to interview. So if they get 50 apps the first day they are "complete" odds are they can find 10-15 students to interview from the first day. Just to give you some rule of thumb, I applied the 2nd or 3rd week after it opened and received an invite for Oct. Typically they send invites out a week or two before the interview date and interview till the class fills up typically in Dec or Jan. 

Is "Complete" the stage after "ready for review"? I was at the Closer look tour on september 8th. They had the first rounds of interviews then. Admissions said they don't make the final decision so I didn't think they played a huge role in passing the apps over. I guess it would make sense that they look over your stats. Yeah I am surprised you received an interview date so far in advance. 

6 hours ago, Rinmi said:

Is "Complete" the stage after "ready for review"? I was at the Closer look tour on september 8th. They had the first rounds of interviews then. Admissions said they don't make the final decision so I didn't think they played a huge role in passing the apps over. I guess it would make sense that they look over your stats. Yeah I am surprised you received an interview date so far in advance. 

Let me clarify, when I said I received an invite, I mean that my interview was in October. They don't offer invitations typically until a week or two before the interview date. 

And yes, complete is the step after ready for review once admissions reviews and passes it along. My problem was one of my references took forever to submit their form. They won't even review it until EVERYTHING is submitted, not just your part.

I know I asked about a month ago, but how long does it usually take for the Admission Team to review applications and make a decision to reject or pass it along?

I only ask because my status has been stuck in "Ready for Review" for almost a month. All supporting materials were in around the same time frame. I understand we've had Labor Day and Irma, but just wondering if it usually takes them over a month to review applications.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, KPwannabeaPA said:

Hey everyone! Congrats to those who have already interviewed. Has anyone heard back from their interview yet?? I have an interview here tomorrow!! 

I interviewed on September 8 and just got my packet in the mail yesterday! So excited! You're going to do great! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AnnaPA said:

@KPwannabeaPA What are your stats? 

Hmm.. trying to remember. 

Over 2000 hours working as a CNA 

around 300 hours working as an MA 

Close to 1000 PA shadowing hours

3.45 GPA and something like 303 for verbal and quantitative on the GRE..

BS biology and minor in Community Health

I applied and interviewed here last year, and they waitlisted me.. so I improved my application to re-apply this year, and am hoping it'll be enough for an acceptance!

17 hours ago, Hhm84413 said:

Has anyone else's application been in "Ready for Review" status since the very beginning on August?

I'm in the same boat, I know it is reviewed by Office of Admissions, then passed on the the PA Admissions Committee to review and decide on interview offers. 

As I was told above, as long as it doesn't say "decision made - notification via mail" in the status there is still hope.

14 hours ago, cristinab said:

I interviewed on 9/8 and have also been accepted! Congrats everyone and good luck to those with upcoming interviews!  @KPwannabeaPA We were in the same group last year (10/31)-So excited to be classmates! 

Hey, that is so great! Congratulations to you! I'm embarrassed to say that I don't recognize you from just this screen name to be able to remember you from the interview. But I did interview on Halloween last year, so it must be true! Excited to be classmates as well!