Accepted Students for the Class of 2020

• 1 month later...

I asked the same thing in the other forum but I'll put it here as well:

Could you shed some light on how your time at Bethel has been so far? How's clin med and A&P going? Do you like how those classes are being taught? Have you found out where your "hub" is going to be? Any other information/experiences you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated :)

Overall the experience has been good. The program is small, so there are plenty of opportunities for one-on-one time with professors if there are areas you find you are struggling with. PA school is difficult, no matter what... clin med and A&P is a TON of information that you are expected to learn in a very short amount of time, so it really just comes down to finding a system that works for you and sticking with it. My advice to anyone that has been accepted: Don't stress... it will be super overwhelming at first, but you'll be fine. Don't study. Enjoy the time you have before the program starts, the small amount that you may learn on your own isn't worth the extra time you will lose with your friends/family.

As far as the clinical rotations go, the program tries really really hard to put people where they want to be (even outside of Tennessee). Bethel really focuses on rural healthcare, so rural communities are their bread and butter, but they're not limited to that. I'm (mostly) hubbed in Nashville, but we have students hubbed all over TN, as well as Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, and St. Louis

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, GlobalPA said:

So at the interview, I believe it was Tyler that was talking about how there is an excel spreadsheet or something to that effect with all the places you all live.. 

Is there a way to see those places?

Thanks in advance!

Join the FB group and we will get you as much info as we can

On 8/18/2017 at 8:48 AM, laceyn said:

Does anyone know what day in January classes start? 

Classes started last year January 3-4th. This next the clinical year students will undergo orientation beginning January 3rd. I would anticipate that you'll will start at a similar time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got accepted to Bethel today off the wait list!!! I feel so blessed to be in this class out of the 800 that applied. Thank you to the faculty for believing in me to see me continue to this next chapter in my life. I'm so excited to meet you all. I'm from Minnesota so if someone could please give me feedback on moving and connecting with former students to get books, furniture, supplies, housing, etc. that would mean the world to me. I've waited years for this day and now that it's here, I'm speechless and humble to have received this honor. Look at me, I'm rambling again, LOL! To whomever reads this who is struggling in the process like we all have, PLEASE don't give up! You never know what kind of hand you'll be dealt with, but if you want something in life, reach out and grab it!

Thank you all so much and I'll see you in January!

8 minutes ago, gkdykema said:

I was accepted off of the alternate list on Friday! I have requested to join the Facebook group to begin planning for housing and supplies (etc.) but haven't been let in yet. How long did it take before you were allowed into the group?

Talked to the Admin you should be in... let me know if you're not

Archived