TENNESSEE: Christian Brothers University 2017-2018

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, Hydrocephalic said:

I'm in the same boat. 

I'llsend you a PM if I find some safe, dog friendly housing. How about we just get really lucky and score both sides of a duplex with a yard in a safe area!

Likewise, if I find something I'll let you know.  We're going to make a trip to Memphis at some point soon to do some hunting.

2 hours ago, DD2PA said:

Hey guys has anyone received any type of communication from the school as far as background checks, financial aid or clearing of seat deposit check? 

Nothing on the background check or FA, but the seat deposit cleared my account a few days after they received accreditation.  I have also setup my Banner account and received a student number. 

7 hours ago, ans1224 said:

Does anyone have any insight of how many interview slots have been given already? I am very interested in applying but not sure if its just too late in the game or not. 

Calling the school and asking if you would be considered applying this late would be worth a shot, and likely your best route to an honest answer. I did that with a different program earlier in the cycle and was given an honest response that all seats had been filled, so I saved the money on that school. 

I'd be surprised if anyone here has hard numbers on interview spots already offered. There are 24 seats this coming year and I have no clue how many have been filled beyond those posting on this thread.

For what it's worth, I was offered an interview a couple days after applying and accepted less than a month after applying, so don't count yourself out if they still have open interview spots. And good luck if you apply!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 1:59 PM, Xzwolf said:

How were the interviews? Is it an individual interview, group interview, or an MMI? How long were they? And any other advice you can give for the entire interview day! 

Interviews were individual, one on one meetings. Additionally, there are a few group activities. My advice: be confident and be yourself. They want you there if you are interviewing, this is your chance to show you are a good fit for the program. 

Also, consider everything part of your interview. Even lunch. Faculty and staff will be there eating with you, and this is a good time to get some extra "interview" time in, especially with members of the admissions committee who may not be part of your formal interview sessions.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! I'm not from Memphis, or too familiar with the area, but based on research;

Lakeland, Cordova, Collierville, Germantown, Arlington and in Mississippi- Hernando and Hornlake.

Some might be too much of a commute for others but my chief location requirement is safety for my family in my absence.

56 minutes ago, MagicMorty said:

Congrats! I'm not from Memphis, or too familiar with the area, but based on research;

Lakeland, Cordova, Collierville, Germantown, Arlington and in Mississippi- Hernando and Hornlake.

Some might be too much of a commute for others but my chief location requirement is safety for my family in my absence.

Hey! I'm from Memphis-  grew up in Collierville actually and now live in East Memphis.

Just a quick run down on where to live. Collierville and Germantown are going to be much more expensive and all of those options are going to give you a good commute. There are plenty of safe places in East Memphis. However, of those choices Cordova is probably going to be the most affordable for a family. We just moved from Cordova to East Memphis and never had any problems in Cordova. I don't see any need to move to Mississippi unless you have a specific reason. There are plenty of great options much closer.

Just my opinion! I'll post if I see any good housing options in the area

• 1 month later...

Archived