TENNESSEE: Christian Brothers University 2017-2018

13 hours ago, DD2PA said:

Does anyone know how many seats will be offered? And what the average stats are? No where on the website could I find this info.

The PAEA directoy says the number of seats is 42. I'm not sure how accurate that is since there is some information on the page that contradicts CBU's website.  I don't know what the average stats are.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MagicMorty said:

The PAEA directoy says the number of seats is 42. I'm not sure how accurate that is since there is some information on the page that contradicts CBU's website.  I don't know what the average stats are.

Thank you so much. Wondering if it's too late to apply but I feel like giving it a shot. 

1 hour ago, DD2PA said:

Thank you so much. Wondering if it's too late to apply but I feel like giving it a shot. 

If you can afford $51 to apply to the program I'd say give it a shot since there's no supplemental application/GRE scores to send.  They received my app and invited me to an interview within a couple of days so turnaround time seems good.  

I was also told to look for a decision 8/8/17.  I'm not sure if it will be an eMail, phone call, or letter.

Interview post-mortem: I feel as though one of my interviews went really well, the other not so much.  I liked CBU's campus and the feel of community, but what really sold me was spending time with a CBU PA grad.  It was definitely an intensive interview process.

35 minutes ago, vickyrawly said:

Congrats to those accepted so far! Anyone willing to share how the interview process went from the 08/04 date?

Have you received the interview agenda?  It will follow that schedule.  You'll have some great opportunities to ask questions and get to know the faculty and staff, see the campus, and decide if CBU is right for you.  The food they provided (from the dining hall) is delicious.  I won't go into any details about the interview questions/process, but I'll say this: be yourself and try to find out if the program is a good fit for you.

22 hours ago, Briezzy said:

I am from Texas, and I'm looking forward to applying to CBU! Is anyone else out-of state? Goodluck y'all :-)

I'm out of state.  There were people in my interview session from as far away as Wisconsin (IIRC) but there were a fair number of applicants from the Memphis area.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied The first week of July, got an email the next week with interview dates. I interviewed August 4th, and was accepted the following week. I plan to start the program in January. During the interview they stated that there were 25 seats available. There were 22 students ( I think) at the interview. Not sure who else has been accepted, I didn't know anyone there. 

I redid prerequisites bc mine were to old.

GPA of new prerequisites 4.0

shadowing : 100 hours

experience : 6 years in pharmacy, 1 year as phlebotomist 

the wait is stressful:/ good luck !

On 8/29/2017 at 2:02 AM, TcPA2017 said:

I applied The first week of July, got an email the next week with interview dates. I interviewed August 4th, and was accepted the following week. I plan to start the program in January. During the interview they stated that there were 25 seats available. There were 22 students ( I think) at the interview. Not sure who else has been accepted, I didn't know anyone there. 

I redid prerequisites bc mine were to old.

GPA of new prerequisites 4.0

shadowing : 100 hours

experience : 6 years in pharmacy, 1 year as phlebotomist 

the wait is stressful:/ good luck !

I was in the interview on August 4th and was accepted as well.  I wonder how many people they ended up accepting from our interview group... I guess they weren't kidding when they said that our interview group was impressive as it looks like a few were accepted.

Received an interview invite this afternoon! Unfortunately, I didn't see it until now so I can't call to set the interview date. I am super excited as this is my first interview this cycle. I am just a little worried about the accreditation status as I was accepted last CASPA cycle to a developing program which never gained accreditation. Can anyone tell me what the interview set up is like? Group, one on one, panel? Thank you!

15 hours ago, DD2PA said:

Received an interview invite this afternoon! Unfortunately, I didn't see it until now so I can't call to set the interview date. I am super excited as this is my first interview this cycle. I am just a little worried about the accreditation status as I was accepted last CASPA cycle to a developing program which never gained accreditation. Can anyone tell me what the interview set up is like? Group, one on one, panel? Thank you!

If it's like the interview I did on 8/4 it was a combination of group (activities) and one-on-one.  Everyone was extremely nice and down to Earth, the campus is nice, the food is great.

I have some concerns about them not gaining accreditation too, but they seemed pretty confident and the new program director has a history of program start-up success.  They have had a program in the past too but I'm not sure if that is helpful/indicative of anything.  

1 hour ago, MagicMorty said:

If it's like the interview I did on 8/4 it was a combination of group (activities) and one-on-one.  Everyone was extremely nice and down to Earth, the campus is nice, the food is great.

I have some concerns about them not gaining accreditation too, but they seemed pretty confident and the new program director has a history of program start-up success.  They have had a program in the past too but I'm not sure if that is helpful/indicative of anything.  

Thank you for your response, it is very helpful! Did you have a writting assignment to do? I want to start preparing asap. Also, I found a couple cheap hotels in the area but do you recommend one in particular? I am driving up there from South Florida. 

Archived