TENNESSEE: Christian Brothers University 2017-2018

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My application was verified today. Hoping for an Interview! Anyone care to post some stats? I know It's a renewed program for the University. My stats are great on some levels a tad below average on a couple levels so Id say im about the average typical candidate. 

17 minutes ago, bmr14 said:

My application was verified today. Hoping for an Interview! Anyone care to post some stats? I know It's a renewed program for the University. My stats are great on some levels a tad below average on a couple levels so Id say im about the average typical candidate. 

GPA 3.85 Science 3.7

GRE 305

Volunteer hours ~300

Patient contact ~600 CNA and clinic assistant in primary care

Shadowing ~105

On 7/17/2017 at 1:00 PM, bmr14 said:

Have you heard anything from them?

19 minutes ago, vickyrawly said:

Have you heard anything from them?

I have not heard anything back yet. I am surprised there aren't more people on this forum that have applied. But it only took the weekend to hear from them getting my application so it seemed they have a quick response rate. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

37 minutes ago, bmr14 said:

I have not heard anything back yet. I am surprised there aren't more people on this forum that have applied. But it only took the weekend to hear from them getting my application so it seemed they have a quick response rate. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

My stats are similar to yours and I applied just before you on 7/15. I'm patiently waiting.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:42 PM, futurepa1616 said:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know that reason for CBU's new program? I am confused, since they just matriculated their new in 2014.

Thank you

Found this on their site:

• CURRENT PROGRAM: The ARC-PA accepted the plan for the current Christian Brothers University PA program to withdraw from the ARC-PA accreditation process effective May 31, 2017. The program will remain on Accreditation-Probation until that time. The program will not accept any new students for enrollment. Specific questions regarding the Program and its plans should be directed to the Program Director and/or the appropriate institutional official(s
  • NEW PA PROGRAM: CBU has applied for Accreditation - Provisional from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). CBU anticipates matriculating its first class in 2018, pending achieving Accreditation – Provisional status at September 2017 ARC-PA meeting.

19 hours ago, MagicMorty said:

cGPA: 3.39

sGPA: 3.69

GRE: 310

Volunteer: ~1000 hours

PCE: ~2000 hours

Shadowing: 50 hours

I'll be interviewing on August 4th.  I'm extremely excited and have heard nothing but good stuff about CBU from people familiar with Memphis.  Can't wait!

Congrats! When did you apply and receive the interview?

Archived