Application Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/17/2017 at 4:51 PM, alc13b said:

I just received an email from Sharon informing me that I have been accepted into the PA program!! I am so ecstatic!! My interview with JMU was genuinely a lot of fun and I really liked the current PA students and faculty members that I met. The faculty and students were really nice and really wanted to get to know you. I am overjoyed that I will be attending PA school at JMU! Best luck to all other candidates, especially Group A2 (our group was awesome)!

Stats posted earlier. 

Congrats other Group A2 member! Our group WAS awesome, and I got accepted too! I got the official status on MyMadison but I too have not received an official letter yet. Which member are you?? I'm glad another one of us got in :) 

- Kate

20 minutes ago, kve85 said:

Congrats other Group A2 member! Our group WAS awesome, and I got accepted too! I got the official status on MyMadison but I too have not received an official letter yet. Which member are you?? I'm glad another one of us got in :) 

- Kate

I'm Alexis (the only other girl in our group). Super glad you got accepted as well! 

On 10/21/2017 at 11:28 AM, Htb1226 said:

I am wondering about this too! I was accepted through the portal but still no letter. 

hmm, wondering about the official letter as well. on the JMU applicant center it says we should receive the official acceptance letter in the mail within a week. I was accepted on 10/17 so I'm guessing it should be coming in the mail soon!

Since I still haven't received my official acceptance letter, I was becoming concerned about the seat deposit due date. So I emailed Sharon and she said that the due date for the Oct 6 interview group is November 1. Just FYI. Also she stated that if you still haven't gotten the official acceptance letter by the due date an extension can be made.

3 hours ago, alc13b said:

Since I still haven't received my official acceptance letter, I was becoming concerned about the seat deposit due date. So I emailed Sharon and she said that the due date for the Oct 6 interview group is November 1. Just FYI. Also she stated that if you still haven't gotten the official acceptance letter by the due date an extension can be made.

Hmm yea I still haven't gotten my acceptance packet/letter either... did Sharon say if we need to formally request an extension, or are they aware that the acceptance letters weren't sent out fast enough? Are you thinking of submitting your seat deposit without getting the packet to look over first?

6 minutes ago, kve85 said:

Hmm yea I still haven't gotten my acceptance packet/letter either... did Sharon say if we need to formally request an extension, or are they aware that the acceptance letters weren't sent out fast enough? Are you thinking of submitting your seat deposit without getting the packet to look over first?

The extension will have to formally be requested if you haven't received the letter by the due date. I really want to read the contingencies first, so I will request an extension if I don't get the letter in time. 

I don't think Sharon knows that several others also haven't received the official letter though. 

14 hours ago, alc13b said:

The extension will have to formally be requested if you haven't received the letter by the due date. I really want to read the contingencies first, so I will request an extension if I don't get the letter in time. 

I don't think Sharon knows that several others also haven't received the official letter though. 

I'm glad I read this forum or else I might have missed the deadline! I emailed Sharon as well and let her know I haven't received my letter either. I would definitely like to read contingencies and all information before placing a deposit on my seat. 

Leah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 7:01 PM, alc13b said:

For people who have been accepted,  has anyone gotten or heard anything since the official acceptance letter? 

hey! No, I haven't heard anything else since I got my acceptance letter. I did email Sharon and update her on a prerequisite that I have enrolled in. She responded saying thank you for the update, but nothing else besides that. I'm thinking we will begin to hear more once they stop interviewing and have the official class

-Leah

• 5 weeks later...

Archived