2017-2018 Application Cycle

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2017 at 1:11 PM, PA2019WI said:

Hello everyone,

I am 1st year PA student and I am willing to answer any questions you have about the program or PA profession. You can PM me as well. 

Hang tight Oct 1st is coming! Good luck everyone!

P.S. - Answers are my personal opinions. It is not endorsed by the University or the Program. 

I also just applied! :) I'm really hoping my stats help me......
GPA~ 3.95
GRE Verbal: 155 (69th%)
GRE Quant: 158 (69th%)
Pt contact hrs: 1500 total (In-home autism therapist, Patient Careworker-Advanced (similar duties to CNA), and Medical Historian/Phlebotomist-in-training at BioLife)

PA2019WIhow do you like the program so far? 

-James

4 hours ago, JWise said:

I also just applied! :) I'm really hoping my stats help me......
GPA~ 3.95
GRE Verbal: 155 (69th%)
GRE Quant: 158 (69th%)
Pt contact hrs: 1500 total (In-home autism therapist, Patient Careworker-Advanced (similar duties to CNA), and Medical Historian/Phlebotomist-in-training at BioLife)

PA2019WIhow do you like the program so far? 

-James

The program is well organized, focuses on collaboration and design to make you a best primary care PA.  The founding members of the program are still core faculties along with other experienced staff members. Do I have regret? No.... If you have any specific concern feel free to ask me. Hopefully, in about two weeks program will start sending interview invites. Good Luck!!

On 10/10/2017 at 0:43 PM, athompson said:

Congrats! When is/are the interview(s)??

So there are am and pm sessions available every Tuesday starting October 31, and I think there is one day where it is offered on a Monday. There was a total of four dates and eight times (am or pm)  to choose from. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, patelh92 said:

Would anyone be able to elaborate a little on the interview process? I have mine coming up and I wanted to see if there are tips or how the format is. 

Hi Patel, 

Congratulation for getting an interview! 

Carroll uses a standard interview format like most PA school. I believe we are still using last year format but don't quote me on this I will for sure know by tomorrow as first round of interview begins tomorrow. Be prepared for 3 to 4 different interviews with faculty members, aossociate professors, MDs, and PAs. As I said earlier, interviewer will try to put you guys at ease ...

Usually, day begins with information session followed by 15-20 mins 3 or 4 interviews and Q&A session with us and 2nd year student if available. It takes about 4 hours.

Only tip I can think of is be confident in yourself, smile and interview will see your passion to become a PA.

Any other concern or question you can PM me as well.  

Chalo madi ae Patel! 

-James 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 7:30 PM, nmizye3 said:

Just got my acceptance call! I interviewed on the 31st 

Congratulations! You must have done really awesome, they said they only make early offers to exceptional candidates. I don't think the rest of us can expect to hear anything until the December 5th interviews are completed and everyone is reviewed. 

Archived