2017-2018 Application Cycle

1 minute ago, Pnk132 said:

Thank you. I have shadowed and worked for an MD. However, I have seen both PAs and NPs as providers and they both provided exceptional and similar care. Being in the BSN program I have seen the curriculum and though I have not finished my degree yet, I just feel wanting to learn more. I have seen the course curriculum for this PA program and these classes are what I want to further my education in. Why did you take the PA instead of the NP route?

BSN was never my main goal, I knew I wanted to go to PA school all the time, it was just my way of getting patient contact experience. I already had my Bio/Pre-med degree before that. So to answer your question, I never really considered NP degree that much. My main interests are ER and surgery and PA school is a better choice for me. Also I like medical school curriculum better since it definitely focuses more on pathophysiology and anatomy. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, NatePA said:

Hey Everyone ! I interviewed on January 12th and was accepted today ! Have any current students done the summer housing and if so would you suggest it ? Also, what are the best options for apartment living in the area ?

Congrats on acceptance! I haven't done summer housing but my classmates have. It's a great way to meet people and see who you might wanna live with. Also Fox Run, Grand Pointe, and Water Club apartments are quite close to the school. Most of our classmates live at Grand Pointe and Waterclub apartments. 

25 minutes ago, Kristina-M said:

Congrats on acceptance! I haven't done summer housing but my classmates have. It's a great way to meet people and see who you might wanna live with. Also Fox Run, Grand Pointe, and Water Club apartments are quite close to the school. Most of our classmates live at Grand Pointe and Waterclub apartments. 

Thanks for the advice ! I would love to do the summer housing to save money, I'm just worried about having to move out of it a few weeks before the semester ends.

22 hours ago, Danielle31 said:

Hey Everyone!

I was invited to interview on the 26th and couldn’t be more excited. I’ve read a bunch about the program online and here on the forums. However, I am wondering from those of you who are current students and those who have interviewed, what you feel makes Marist’s program special? There are many aspects of the program that I was drawn to on paper, but I’d love to know from those of you who have experienced it. Let me know!

Danielle

Some of the draws for me were that the PA program is in a brand new building that has a classroom dedicated to the PA students. They have a state of the art trauma simulation lab with top of the line manikins and a full cadaver lab. Their clinical sites are within a 60 mile radius so you wont have to worry about moving or commuting for to long during clinical year. The school is right on a river and near the Catskills. I really enjoyed the interview, the program director gave me the impression that she is really invested in making the program great and all of the students I interacted with there and online seem to love the program. 

On 12/10/2017 at 6:00 PM, pa17 said:

Anyone know if interviews are still on-going and how many applicants do they select for their class? thank you! havent heard back since i applied in October, so just curious ! Thank you!

Interviews are happening for a few more weeks. I was invited to interview 1/26

On 1/17/2018 at 10:37 AM, Madeleine said:

Some of the draws for me were that the PA program is in a brand new building that has a classroom dedicated to the PA students. They have a state of the art trauma simulation lab with top of the line manikins and a full cadaver lab. Their clinical sites are within a 60 mile radius so you wont have to worry about moving or commuting for to long during clinical year. The school is right on a river and near the Catskills. I really enjoyed the interview, the program director gave me the impression that she is really invested in making the program great and all of the students I interacted with there and online seem to love the program. 

Congrats on your acceptance! I have an upcoming interview and was wondering if you could give a little insight into the type of interviews they are conducting? One-on-one, group, or MMI? Thanks!

On 1/19/2018 at 2:15 PM, mms1231 said:

Congrats on your acceptance! I have an upcoming interview and was wondering if you could give a little insight into the type of interviews they are conducting? One-on-one, group, or MMI? Thanks!

We can't talk about the structure or content of the interview process but I would say that the staff and students were really great about calming my nerves. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 7:54 PM, pa17 said:

Did people already receive interview invites for February? Just curious because I heard they will conduct their last interviews in Feb.

Thank you!

I received an email asking for my final transcripts (like two weeks ago) since i graduated a semester early in December then was told my application is being reviewed. But nothing else 

2 minutes ago, mms1231 said:

Has anyone from the 1/26 interview group heard anything?

Good luck everyone!

I actually just called about my app status and she mentioned that they hope to have final decisions out within the "next 6 weeks" for everyone. Don't know if answers your question.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, Cfino96 said:

I received an email asking for my final transcripts (like two weeks ago) since i graduated a semester early in December then was told my application is being reviewed. But nothing else 

Hey! I’m actually here in NY for the interview tomorrow morning. I got the invite about three weeks ago

Hey everybody! My name is Alanna, I was one of the tour guides for the morning interview session today. I am a second year PA student in the program, currently finishing up my clinical rotations. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have about the program! My email is alannakohler@yahoo.com. Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone, I interviewed for the program on 1/12 and I still haven't heard anything back, unfortunately. I've been anxiously waiting to hear from the school. Could anyone tell me how they may be contacting the applicants? Will it be through email, or regular mail, or a phone call? Thank you.

Hello all, I interviewed on Friday, February 9, 2018 and got the acceptance call yesterday Monday, February 12, 2018. Ecstatic to have been accepted and to be part of Marist's program! I believe they call all accepted applicants and will send out an email later. In addition to that, they will send an acceptance packet via the mail in a week or two after the phone call. They had also mentioned that it is possible to wait until the end of March for their decisions so don't lose faith! Best wishes to everyone who are still waiting!! 

On 2/13/2018 at 1:56 PM, ColinDRR said:

Hi everyone, I interviewed for the program on 1/12 and I still haven't heard anything back, unfortunately. I've been anxiously waiting to hear from the school. Could anyone tell me how they may be contacting the applicants? Will it be through email, or regular mail, or a phone call? Thank you.

You can expect to hear anytime from now till the end of March. Waiting is the hardest part but if it's meant to be it's gonna happen! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm Cynthia and I am a second year PA student just finishing up my last clinical rotation. First off, I wanted to congratulate those who have received acceptance letters. Yay! Second, I am moving back to California and would like to sell some textbooks if you guys are interested. I'll attach a word document with all the required textbooks and prices (just double check that they haven't changed the book list for your specific class). Also, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the program. My email is cynthanhly@gmail.com :) Best of luck!

PA school books.docx

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2018 at 10:37 AM, Madeleine said:

For what it's worth, we never utilized the trauma simulation lab. And we've used the manikins once for about 10 minutes. They are mostly there just for admission tours

On 4/21/2018 at 1:04 AM, hvpas said:

For what it's worth, we never utilized the trauma simulation lab. And we've used the manikins once for about 10 minutes. They are mostly there just for admission tours

What year are you in the program? I wonder if they want to make sure their students can pass the PANCE before putting the time to include that somewhere in the program, it is pretty extra. I work in EM now and I was really excited to be able to practice trauma simulations though so I really hope that they incorporate it somewhere. 

Archived