2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! 

App submitted mid July, Interview on September 29th in the afternoon, acceptance phone call October 2nd (around 3:30pm), and just received an official letter :D !!! 

These forums can have useful info but also be a little soul crushing, so good luck to you all <3 <3 Stay positive!

Hi everyone! Interviewed here on the 29th and I was really impressed with the faculty/program/facilities. I was actually accepted into the program the following Monday and I am thrilled!! Are there any current students on here who can give me insight on the clinical rotations? I remember touching on it the day of the interview but I had a few more questions regarding the hospitals and facilities in the area where the clinical rotations are hosted. 

On 9/14/2017 at 8:52 PM, kaurn3 said:

hey guys! not much traffic on here yet but I am a current student in the PA program. If you have any questions feel free to message me! Its a great program!! Good luck! 

Hi I was wondering if you had any advice regarding housing? I know for the first couple months we can live on campus for a fixed rate per week, but I was wondering where you or other students in the program live/moved to after living on campus? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

2 hours ago, EMTjoe said:

Does anyone know how they notify of being waitlisted or denied? Its been nearly 3 weeks from my interview, I think its safe to assume I would have heard back by now if I was offered a seat.

At the interview they said they will be making decisions until the class is full... If you haven't heard anything that probably means you are on the "still deciding list" 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 11:21 PM, Kristina-M said:

Hey guys, 

Congrats to those who have been accepted into the program! I'm currently attending the program and I'm in the middle of my didactics. It's a great program and faculty! Feel free to ask questions if you have some!

:D I'd love to hear any advice you have/info about the area and places you recommend and places to avoid. I'll be moving down from MA

10 hours ago, Madeleine said:

:D I'd love to hear any advice you have/info about the area and places you recommend and places to avoid. I'll be moving down from MA

Madeleine,

Are you asking about living situation? I have classmates that live in Grand Pointe, Waterclub, and Fox Run. Half of my classmates live at Grand Pointe and Waterclub, some at Fox Run. I'm not sure if you are gonna be bringing your bed and furniture with you, but Fox Run apartments are furnished. All of the apartment complexes listed above are fairly close by the school. I think Fox Run is just 2 min away from campus, Waterclub maybe 4 min, and Grand Pointe apartments maybe 7 min. You can also live on campus over the summer until I believe August. This way you can save some money on rent and maybe see who you would wanna live with. Hope this helps! 

Hello everyone!

My name is Annie and I found out last week that I was accepted into Marist's PA program! I am so excited to meet everyone. I too have been looking for a class of 2020 Facebook page and have yet to find one. Should one one of us just make it ourselves? I figured that the pages for the other classes were made by students so should we just go ahead and create one? 

Good luck to everyone!

On 11/8/2017 at 11:21 PM, Kristina-M said:

Hey guys, 

Congrats to those who have been accepted into the program! I'm currently attending the program and I'm in the middle of my didactics. It's a great program and faculty! Feel free to ask questions if you have some!

Hi Kristina! Just wanted to get your opinion on living on campus during the first semester vs. living off. Thanks! 

Archived