2018 start

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 10:41 AM, rosebud said:

Anyone apply here with less than a 3.2 overall and/or science GPA? Wondering if they will automatically reject bc their website states a minimum on 3.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have heard (and I've spoken pretty extensively with the dean of this school), they are pretty set on needing a 3.2 because it will be their first class and they want to insure they are taking in strong students.

HotPinkAndHotHeaded being that you have spoken with the dean of the school did he mentioned what they were looking for with the GRE scores? I did not perform as well as I want but I'm not a good standardized test taker. My GPA is a 3.6, military veteran, volunteer and shadowed with the underserved population and a resident of SC. I really want to apply but don't know if my GRE scores will hold me back.

13 hours ago, tasiafortune1 said:

HotPinkAndHotHeaded being that you have spoken with the dean of the school did he mentioned what they were looking for with the GRE scores? I did not perform as well as I want but I'm not a good standardized test taker. My GPA is a 3.6, military veteran, volunteer and shadowed with the underserved population and a resident of SC. I really want to apply but don't know if my GRE scores will hold me back.

Yes, i asked about the GRE as well because I am in the same boat--not the best at standardized tests and I feel that I am pretty "average" overall as a candidate. He told me that the admissions committee did not weigh the GRE very heavily at all--in fact, when I asked him, they said they were considering not even requiring it! But because this is the program's first year, they are having students take it. He even said to me that the GRE itself was not a good predictor of how well a student will do in the program or on PANCE. So, I would say if the rest of your application meets standards, apply! What he stressed to me was GPA, shadowing hours, and experience. 

11 hours ago, HotPinkAndHotHeaded said:

Yes, i asked about the GRE as well because I am in the same boat--not the best at standardized tests and I feel that I am pretty "average" overall as a candidate. He told me that the admissions committee did not weigh the GRE very heavily at all--in fact, when I asked him, they said they were considering not even requiring it! But because this is the program's first year, they are having students take it. He even said to me that the GRE itself was not a good predictor of how well a student will do in the program or on PANCE. So, I would say if the rest of your application meets standards, apply! What he stressed to me was GPA, shadowing hours, and experience. 

Thank you so much for this information. I was beginning to lose hope, and preparing myself to apply next cycle. However, I'm going to give it a chance. Again, thank you.

• 3 months later...
On 12/13/2017 at 3:04 PM, jmw44 said:

I have my interview February 6th! Any pointers?!

Honestly was the easiest interview I've had in terms of atmosphere! They do a great job of making it casual and comfortable and Dr. Weber is super conversational and genuinely wants to get to know everyone. So just be really personable and honest. You'll have an individual interview with a couple faculty members, a large scenario based group interview, and then several one-on-one MMI's. It's really not too bad at all!

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2017 at 1:20 PM, banana428 said:

Honestly was the easiest interview I've had in terms of atmosphere! They do a great job of making it casual and comfortable and Dr. Weber is super conversational and genuinely wants to get to know everyone. So just be really personable and honest. You'll have an individual interview with a couple faculty members, a large scenario based group interview, and then several one-on-one MMI's. It's really not too bad at all!

Thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations on being accepted. That is very exciting. Hopefully the rest of us will be joining you.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived