• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the first part of my wait is over. I got an email stating I was placed on the alternate list. I answered right away to accept the spot. UMDNJ has always been, and still is, my top choice and I hope a spot will open up for me. I was already accepted elsewhere so at least I am not stuck waiting till next year, but I was procrastinating on the whole registration process there because I was hoping to be accepted right away.

Does anyone here know how many people they put on the alternate list and if there is any per-determined order to the list, or do they just decide as the spots open?

Good luck everyone and congratulations to everyone who was accepted. I hope to be able to join you next year!!

Well, the first part of my wait is over. I got an email stating I was placed on the alternate list. I answered right away to accept the spot. UMDNJ has always been, and still is, my top choice and I hope a spot will open up for me. I was already accepted elsewhere so at least I am not stuck waiting till next year, but I was procrastinating on the whole registration process there because I was hoping to be accepted right away.

Does anyone here know how many people they put on the alternate list and if there is any per-determined order to the list, or do they just decide as the spots open?

Good luck everyone and congratulations to everyone who was accepted. I hope to be able to join you next year!!

Hey everyone! I was also accepted into the program a few weeks ago :) I'm so excited for all of us!

By the way - have any of you guys bought the summer reading texts yet?

Congrats! Yes, I bought the summer reading. Got them both pretty cheap from half.com/ebay. I actually bought the previous edition of the med term book because after reading reviews it seems the two are almost identical. That being said, I haven't actually started to read it just yet. still taking class, working, and putting in EMT volunteer hours so not much time just yet. I also picked up a used edition of the PA policies book. For that one we have to get the most recent edition, but I found a pretty cheap copy.

Hey everyone! I was also accepted into the program a few weeks ago :) I'm so excited for all of us!

By the way - have any of you guys bought the summer reading texts yet?

Congrats! Yes, I bought the summer reading. Got them both pretty cheap from half.com/ebay. I actually bought the previous edition of the med term book because after reading reviews it seems the two are almost identical. That being said, I haven't actually started to read it just yet. still taking class, working, and putting in EMT volunteer hours so not much time just yet. I also picked up a used edition of the PA policies book. For that one we have to get the most recent edition, but I found a pretty cheap copy.

Oooh thanks for the suggestions! I have to pick those up soon!

And congrats hyesun! Can't wait to meet you!

Sorry to hear about the alternate list zippyNJ, but you never know! I'm not sure how long their alternate list is though, probably about the same size as the class I'm guessing, but not totally sure.

Oooh thanks for the suggestions! I have to pick those up soon!

And congrats hyesun! Can't wait to meet you!

Sorry to hear about the alternate list zippyNJ, but you never know! I'm not sure how long their alternate list is though, probably about the same size as the class I'm guessing, but not totally sure.

Sweeeeet. Thank you for the info Alexandrarose22 & nkechim! I also can't wait till I meet you all =)

I've been looking like a madwoman for a decent place to rent around our campus :sweat:.. any advice?

Sweeeeet. Thank you for the info Alexandrarose22 & nkechim! I also can't wait till I meet you all =)

I've been looking like a madwoman for a decent place to rent around our campus :sweat:.. any advice?

New Brunswick, Piscataway, North Brunswick aren't bad. New Bruns has a lot of housing due to RU being here. And it's only ~10mins from campus. I live here but I'll actually be moving ~30mins away to live with my SO. Anywho, you could also Google map the campus and do a search for nearby towns. Craigslist is a really good place to look (central jersey). RU also has an off-campus housing site you can use http://ruoffcampus.rutgers.edu/searchcreate-listings/search-create-listings. A lot of stuff tends to open up in the spring when the RU/UMDNJ students graduate or move out. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions about the surrounding towns, etc.

UMDNJ also has a movers guide for students needing to relocate. I recall seeing that on the website welcome info. I think they'll also be posting a list of people needing housing/roommates in May. good luck!

New Brunswick, Piscataway, North Brunswick aren't bad. New Bruns has a lot of housing due to RU being here. And it's only ~10mins from campus. I live here but I'll actually be moving ~30mins away to live with my SO. Anywho, you could also Google map the campus and do a search for nearby towns. Craigslist is a really good place to look (central jersey). RU also has an off-campus housing site you can use http://ruoffcampus.rutgers.edu/searchcreate-listings/search-create-listings. A lot of stuff tends to open up in the spring when the RU/UMDNJ students graduate or move out. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions about the surrounding towns, etc.

UMDNJ also has a movers guide for students needing to relocate. I recall seeing that on the website welcome info. I think they'll also be posting a list of people needing housing/roommates in May. good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to all who have been accepted into the UMDNJ class of 2015 and best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear! I am a student in the class of 2014 and am looking for a roommate for next year. I live in a condo in Piscataway which is 8 minutes from campus and in a really nice location. You will have your own bedroom and bathroom and there is a washer and dryer. If anyone is interested, please email me at areykj@umdnj.edu or you can call me at 774-368-0351. Thanks, Katie

Archived