• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was accepted!!! I am so excited. UMDNJ was my top choice. I emailed them 2 days after I had an interview thanking them/told them they were my top choice and the next morning they emailed an acceptance letter to me. So divaPA definitely send a thank you letter afterwards. To those that were accepted are you guys definitely going? If so message me..maybe we can start a facebook group page?

Hey guys. I am a first year PA student at UMDNJ and am part of the Class of 2014. I'm crossing my fingers for you all! If you want to pick my brain at all please feel free. Separately, I may have given some of you tours at the school and told you to contact me via FaceBook. I did receive several FB requests, but I mistakenly refused the request from one of you, so I apologize...please send another request (that is if this person is even subscribed to this forum). Congrats to all of you that were accepted and best of luck for those of you still waiting!!! I will see those of you interviewing on Feb. 27th. Ciao.

Hey guys. I am a first year PA student at UMDNJ and am part of the Class of 2014. I'm crossing my fingers for you all! If you want to pick my brain at all please feel free. Separately, I may have given some of you tours at the school and told you to contact me via FaceBook. I did receive several FB requests, but I mistakenly refused the request from one of you, so I apologize...please send another request (that is if this person is even subscribed to this forum). Congrats to all of you that were accepted and best of luck for those of you still waiting!!! I will see those of you interviewing on Feb. 27th. Ciao.<br>

I have interview on Feb 27th,and little bit tensed as this is my first interview. What kind of questions they ask?.

We all were in your position not too long ago. The first bit of advice I can give to you is try and relax. People get interviewed because the program is very interested in you, so you've overcome the largest hurdle to date. Be yourself! In any case, they will ask you about your experience, if any, with PAs, what you know about PAs, where you applied, what you do to relax, general healthcare experience, reason for wanting to become a PA, etc. The questions are not cookie cutter because they direct questions towards areas that they are interested in based on the individual application. For instance, if you did poorly in undergraduate school, but did post-baccalaureate work that showed substantial positive changes, then they would most likely question you on what happened then and how things would be different now. Also, they throw in random questions to get a feel for who you are as a person. You will not have to answer questions on healthcare reform or policy. In my humble opinion, they want to get a feel for you, your character, how you carry yourself, how you respond under the pressure of the day. Be yourself!!! You will be interviewed by 3 people. Before you get interviewed, you will have a Q&A with students, a facility tour, and a Q&A with a faculty member. This time period should serve to calm your nerves...it did mine. I will not be conducting a tour that day, but I will stop in to say hi and help with Q&A. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Will you tell me when in August class start,I mean late August or early August ?. Thank you.

Generally classes will begin mid-August. We were oriented on Thursday and Friday, August 11th & 12th, and began classes on Monday the 15th. You will likely follow this same format. A word to the wise, bring everything requested of you by the program, be prepared to take pictures on the second orientation day, and don't be shy!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived