2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

@hm956614 My rotations so far have all been in Ohio. Here's what I can list so far.

September - Behavioral Health: Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, Harding Hospital [Columbus]

October - Urology Selective: OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital [Columbus]

November - Emergency Medicine: Southern Ohio Medical Center [Portsmouth] * 2 hours from campus but there is a fully furnished on call house that they can set you up in with laundry, kitchen, etc. This is what I did.

December - Off

January - Internal Medicine: Dayton Veterans Affairs [Dayton] * 1.5 hours away from campus and I have friends who are willing to let me stay with them.

February - Woman's Health: Womankind Grant Medical Center [Columbus]

The rest is still being determined but as you can see, all of my rotations so far have been in Ohio and all but 2 have been in Columbus. For your pediatrics rotation you will be in Columbus as we all rotate with our medical director who is a pediatrician. Portsmouth also has a surgeon who takes many of our students so if you're there you can utilize the on-call house. That being said, no matter where you end up going there will be challenges to overcome during the clinical year with regards to travel and living. Hopefully most people don't have to live like gypsies but I've heard of some pretty harsh situations from other PA and medical students.

Archived