FAFSA for pre-req and PA school?

Should I bother to apply for financial aid right now? I'm planning on taking Biochemistry at a local college in the fall and it will cost about $2700. I'm also applying to PA school right now. 

I'm also thinking at possibly taking genetics and sociology at my community college as a backup plan. I was thinking of possibly applying to an accelerated 2nd degree bsn program if I can't get into any PA schools. I'm not really sure if I want to go through the process of applying a second time in nine months. This will cost me about $1000 if I take the two classes. 

Basically I'm wondering if my financial aid will be affected if I find out that I get into PA school before June 30 2018. Would I be able to add the PA school into my financial aid info in several months (after applying for the fall) and still get a good amount of aid (loans etc.)? Should I just swallow the approximate $3700 and apply for federal aid right after I find out if I get into PA school or not?

You can't get government aid for undergrad level courses after you have a bachelor's degree. You are on your own or can get private loans if you still have prereqs. All that FAFSA does is look at your financial status, it is not an actual application for aid. 

Archived