2017-2018 cycle

Has anyone heard anything yet for January interviews? I looked back from my application last year and they sent out an "update" email on 12/16/16 stating they had already sent out January interview invites and that there were still 2 other interview periods following that. Just curious why we haven't gotten invites or at least another update email similar in nature.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, BPA2017 said:

I thinks its weird that no one posted about the Jan interviews yet. From what I saw on their website, the first interview date for 2018 was supposed to be today. 

Yes you are right, they had an interview on Jan 12, it was an amazing experience. Helen said they are going to have 1 more in Jan, and another in Feb. She said they have alot of seats left- more than half of total seats.

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed last year and was placed on the waitlist. This year I got the normal application received and validated emails then nothing until Mid December when I got the invite for January 12th. It was a great interview. At the time Helen said a little less than half of the spots were given out. She stated that one more round in January would occur and then a February round and possibly a March round. Don’t hold me on the March round though. I got accepted last Friday and accepted my seat at my number one choice (SLU). Have faith you will get in. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to meeting those of you who got accepted and those that will be!

I interviewed last year and was placed on the waitlist and you are correct that it didn’t move much. I went from 11th to 7th place. Helen did say that it was unusual for the list to not move. I know a student from the class that just graduated in December and she said that she was 9 on the list her year. It all depends on who gets an offer and where. 

I know that on January 12th Helen said that less than half the seats had been given away. I know I got an offer the next week. I would say that seats are still open because Helen also said they do not interview just to place people on the waitlist. So if you have an interview there are spots left, I just don’t know how many. 

Good luck.