How is the program any graduates?

Applicants to the Marietta College Physician Assistant Program must meet the following requirements and pre-requisites:

• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
  • Pre-requisite course requirements - minimum of 2.0/grade of “C” for each individual pre-requisite course grade BUT a 3.0 CUMULATIVE GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for ALL pre-requisite coursework.
    • Applicants are strongly encouraged to have completed all prerequisite courses by December of the year of application however, the program will permit one (1) pre-requisite course “in process” during the spring semester preceding the June program start date.
  • GRE test scores submitted with CASPA application. The school code number is 0937.
  • Applicants must meet the Technical Standards of the program.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, UGoLong said:

I graduated from there in 2006 and loved the experience.(I wrote a book about what it was like to be on campus.)

Nice faculty, great town. I still guest lecture once a year and we often take a student for rotations. Two Marietta grads at our practice in Columbus.

Have not read the book yet, but it looks interesting. Anything you can share about what makes the school a good choice for future PAs? Thanks. 

It's been a number of years now, but here goes:

1.The program was very supportive; they wanted you to be successful. You had to do the work, but they were there if you needed help.

2. The faculty were genuinely nice people.

3. Marietta is a great town to spend a year in (I did my clinicals closer to home in Columbus). The people are friendly and you basically can walk everywhere you want to go. Your classmates live on just about every corner. The surrounding area is pretty -- hills, forests, the rivers, etc.

4. The area is very PA friendly.

Archived