Navy Reserve

Hey --- 

I'm looking at joining the Navy Reserve as a PA. I am aware of the requirements. I am also going in "expecting to be deployed" at some point, but I was curious if anyone has had experience as a reservist being called to active duty (and how long was deployment) as well as how likely is it to actually be deployed. I am currently a PA-C in internal medicine.

I appreciate the help! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Henphrix
      Good Morning,
      Currently, I am on my last semester of undergrad. I currently have my SEAL challenge contract and have a spot to go to BUD/S.
      I want to be a Physician Assistant in the future but prefer serving my country as a SOCM. Once I am old and cant go anymore I will apply to go to Physician Assistant School.
      My goal was set on SEAL and be a medic but I just heard about SARC and they do more medicine. Plus more people who come out of SARC have a high chance of going into Physician Assistant school, from what I've been told. I never heard of a SEAL being a PA. 
      My question is simple. I want to do SOCM before applying to be a PA. My GPA is okay it is a 3.0, trying to get 3.1-3.2 for my last semester, If I do SARC will it give me a boost into PA school or not? 
      If not I will stick to my SEAL contract. If it does I will go ahead and try to go for an HM-ATF.
      (I have not taken the GRE yet was planning to do it later down the road. Plus I want to keep taking college classes to boost my GPA in the future)
    • By winstonetwo
      I found some old post about this topic but only a few people were involved and it was from quite a few years back. I thought I'd bring it up again for more clarification for all.
      Looking for suggestions on how to/ how you enter military experience into CASPA.  What are your thoughts on dividing all of that up between medical and non-medical experience, training and schools, deployment vs. garrison, leadership roles, and awards? Did you add past certs that have since lapsed? Should it be broken down by each duty station or each title? Also, how did you quantify the number of hours and should it be one lump sum or divided up? Any thoughts would helpful.
    • By Lheitman11
      Hello all,
      First time posting here. I am currently a PA-S2 with an expected graduation date of July 2020. I’m unsure about my career after graduating from PA School, and was wondering about any benefits that may come with joining the military after I become certified. Any and all information regarding life/work in specific branches is greatly appreciated as I have no information on the topic as of now.
      Thank you!
    • By EMT2PAC
      Hello,
      I am a currently a PA student graduating in August and sitting for my boards in September, based out of FL. No prior military experience and history as a licensed Florida EMT-B, ED tech, and over 1000 clinical hours as of now and GPA of 3.4.
      I am currently applying to the Navy for direct commission (DC) withing 6 months of graduation from school and was wondering if anyone has done DC to the navy (and if so what helped you be a good candidate), life as a navy PA-C, what to expect, specialties I can expect to be able to work in, and just any general info. I have a good recruiter but you never know and I hear a lot of good and bad.
    • By ARKprePA
      Older student here. 
      Current Junior in Physiology track, 4.0 GPA. 5+ years working as civilian in clinical psych research for DOD - 2.5 years working with AD 0311s & 3 working with vets in a VA psych Dept. 
      2 questions:
      - is it too early in my college track to be contacting recruiters for info? Interested in Navy PA primarily, open to AF/Army. 
      - my spouse is active duty, E-8 (EOD) with 5 years remaining. Will being a military spouse/married to enlisted make it unlikely for me to be a competitive candidate? 
      Thanks in advance for any info. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More