2017-2018 Cycle: SCUHS

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Possle said:

I received my interview offer right before 7PM today for Feb 6th, and the email asks for confirmation by 31st January. It seems that perhaps this Wednesday or Thursday there will be more invitations sending out depending on the interviewees' responses.

I’m wondering if they are going through the applications by times/dates they were approved? So, those applications that were approved later in the cycle, eg. October through January will be the last applicants they shoot out invites to? 

22 minutes ago, Sque3z said:

I’m wondering if they are going through the applications by times/dates they were approved? So, those applications that were approved later in the cycle, eg. October through January will be the last applicants they shoot out invites to? 

I don't have the insight of the timeline reference the program is using, but I think they have a group of faculty/staff to review our applications. Each member could be assigned with applications within certain range of submission dates or perhaps alphabetically. Just for reference if you're curious, I submitted my CASPA application right before Christmas. 

On 1/28/2018 at 11:53 PM, hanstj said:

My interview will be on Monday, February 5, 2018. Anybody here interviewing on the same date?

My stats are as follow:
- undergrad GPA = 3.01, pre-req GPA = 4.0, cumulative GPA = approximately 3.25. I have also completed their recommended courses (medical terminology, conversational Spanish, and genetics)
- patient care hours = 9,000+ (5 years of working full-time for a Family Practice MD as a Back Office Medical Assistant)
- shadowing hours = 120

Although I do not know for certain, I still believe the university will contact you regardless of outcome (accepted or rejected).

I am also interviewing on February 5th! I live in AZ and received the e-mail that they received my application on 9/12. 

9 hours ago, PAhopeful6 said:

Does anyone know if they have finished sending out interview invites? Since they said invites would go out in January, I assume that all invites have been sent and if not received today, then I should take that as a rejection. 

none of us really know anything, as we all waited months and were confused about when apps would come out. its wise to assume that unless you get a rejection letter, then you are still in the running. no need to stress about something that hasn't happened officially yet.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, California said:

Invitation to interview received for Thursday, February 8th

However, I will be withdrawing my application. Many blessings to the gentleman or lady receiving the invite. Stay strong!

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, TrojanPa82 said:

I received an email to interview Feb 6th, but I declined it as I was already accepted to my top choice. This should open up a spot for another :)

Good luck! 

To both of you who have withdrawn your SCUHS application, may I know why you have chosen other universities over SCUHS?

10 hours ago, hanstj said:

To both of you who have withdrawn your SCUHS application, may I know why you have chosen other universities over SCUHS?

That is a great question and it requires a humbled answer. 

I personally chose UC Davis because NPs and PAs are taught together. To care for patients by diagnosing and treating them can be found by becoming an MD/PA/NP ect. It is a team effort. At the end of the day, we are thriving for the title of caring for people by diagnosing and hopefully treating them back to recovery, and not the title of NP vs PA. 

SCUHS is great and you dont have to be in a specific program to have them teach us this lesson. But my interests gravitates towards the fusion outcome of the nursing and medical model working as one.

Keep strong!

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, tdhanani said:

Hi guys! I applied for the 2016-2017 application cycle and wanted to give everyone my timeline! Good luck :) 

• Submitted application/verified by SCUHS: 8/13/16
  • Interview email received: 12/15/16
  • Interview: 2/9/17 
  • Acceptance call: 3/2/17

Did the university ask to bring 2 passport-sized photos to the interview day? I still have a couple of photos from my U.S. citizenship application, in which I was wearing a dress shirt, but without a tie. What were you wearing for the SCUHS photos?

11 minutes ago, prospectvePA said:

I received interview for Feb 12th. Any idea how the interview set up is going to be. 

By looking at other responses It looks like they do a lot of interviews in a short period of time. For people waiting for response, don't give up!

Congrats! When were you contacted about your interview? 

Just now, Sque3z said:

The million dollar question is.. are they still sending out invites for interviews since it’s the first of the month and a number of you already had an interview date. 

this is what I want to know also. I called and left a message but did not hear back so I sent an email this afternoon. Praying to hear some positive news soon

Archived