2017-2018 Cycle: SCUHS

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sque3z said:

Anyone know or have heard anything about SCU getting back to potential interviewees? It’s getting really late to interview. 

Did you get the email saying they will send out interviews before February and interview during February? I think that means we have 6 more days to potentially hear if we got an interview. I haven't heard anything yet though.

On 1/24/2018 at 6:47 AM, Sque3z said:

Anyone know or have heard anything about SCU getting back to potential interviewees? It’s getting really late to interview. 

I have not heard anything. It would be helpful if there was a way to check if our application has been reviewed or where it is at in the process. I'm getting more nervous as the time passes

2 hours ago, Ak2011 said:

On 1/24/2018 at 10:31 AM, Shazz2bPA said:

I got an email when I submitted my application that interview invites will go out in January for interview in Jan/Feb. When did you apply nataliet7? They may have adjusted it with later applications. I applied November 3rd. 

Jan 14th lol I know. Cut it close. 

This afternoon at 12:50 PM Pacific Standard Time (literally just several hours ago), I finally received an interview invitation from SCUHS. I submitted my application toward the end of July 2017. It has been a long wait, I tell you that.

Is there anybody else here who also received the email?

For those of you who are still waiting, don't lose hope and good luck!

2 minutes ago, hanstj said:

This afternoon at 12:50 PM Pacific Standard Time (literally just several hours ago), I finally received an interview invitation from SCUHS. I submitted my application toward the end of July 2017. It has been a long wait, I tell you that.

Is there anybody else here who also received the email?

For those of you who are still waiting, don't lose hope and good luck!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? What are the interview dates?

my Application was verified at the end of October.. I’m assuming the invites for interviews will go out in order of verification? So, those who applied in July will be sent an invite before those who were verified in November for an example? Is this a correct assumption? 

54 minutes ago, Sque3z said:

my Application was verified at the end of October.. I’m assuming the invites for interviews will go out in order of verification? So, those who applied in July will be sent an invite before those who were verified in November for an example? Is this a correct assumption? 

Also, anyone from out of state invited yet? Wasn’t sure if there’s a preference for instate first 

22 minutes ago, SamiTello said:

If we are not contacted by Wednesday the 31st for an interview, it means we are rejected, correct? Those of you who have interviewed, did they say when rejections would be sent out?

I believe interview invites only just started going out this Saturday.  It appears they waited until the application deadline ended (1/15/18) before they offered interviews.  Don't fret yet!  There's still hope for us!  

3 minutes ago, Bonist55 said:

I believe interview invites only just started going out this Saturday.  It appears they waited until the application deadline ended (1/15/18) before they offered interviews.  Don't fret yet!  There's still hope for us!  

Yes, I did read that. The email also said that those being invited for an interview would be contacted within 2 weeks, by the end of January. I'm just wondering when I should consider myself rejected, which I am thinking would be once the end of the month passes. Constantly checking my email is making me crazy

8 hours ago, hanstj said:

My interview will be on Monday, February 5, 2018. Anybody here interviewing on the same date?

My stats are as follow:
- undergrad GPA = 3.01, pre-req GPA = 4.0, cumulative GPA = approximately 3.25. I have also completed their recommended courses (medical terminology, conversational Spanish, and genetics)
- patient care hours = 9,000+ (5 years of working full-time for a Family Practice MD as a Back Office Medical Assistant)
- shadowing hours = 120

Although I do not know for certain, I still believe the university will contact you regardless of outcome (accepted or rejected).

When did you submit your application? 

Archived