Well, you're coming in at kind of a weird time. EmCare just merged with Sheridan Health. We aren't really sure what is going to change but things almost certainly will. With EmCare, in my experience pay is very competitive but benefits are a little lacking. No 401k match or anything like that. We also don't have paid vacation. Hourly rate is high enough that none of that really bothers me. Sheridan really seems to like RVU based models, and there has been talk we may move that direction. Who knows... I'm in the Atlanta area, btw. What city are you near?

3 hours ago, akdEM said:

Well, you're coming in at kind of a weird time. EmCare just merged with Sheridan Health. We aren't really sure what is going to change but things almost certainly will. With EmCare, in my experience pay is very competitive but benefits are a little lacking. No 401k match or anything like that. We also don't have paid vacation. Hourly rate is high enough that none of that really bothers me. Sheridan really seems to like RVU based models, and there has been talk we may move that direction. Who knows... I'm in the Atlanta area, btw. What city are you near?

Thats good to know.  I'm pure 1099 currently so the benefits aspect is a non issue for me. I get no PTO, 401K, insurance etc.. I currently have a great RVU based model for bonus that I doubt will be matched but if so that will be awesome.  I'm in Augusta.

Guest ERCat

Emcare has been terrible to our group thus far. Constant changes. Literally you could walk into work one day and be told "Oh, your shift is now going to be two hours shorter starting today." We've had so many lay offs. Changes in our pay plan. If I didn't love ER so much I wouldn't work for this group.

14 hours ago, ERCat said:

Emcare has been terrible to our group thus far. Constant changes. Literally you could walk into work one day and be told "Oh, your shift is now going to be two hours shorter starting today." We've had so many lay offs. Changes in our pay plan. If I didn't love ER so much I wouldn't work for this group.

Yikes  Sorry to hear this.  What Ed volume do you have? Any changes that you have liked?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 6:11 PM, akdEM said:

I work for Emcare and didnt know any of that. Typical... lol

Archived