PENNSYLVANIA: TEMPLE (LKSOM) 2017-2018

@keepstriving

Hi! Yes, it is perfectly normal to have these questions about a newer program, however, as a current student I can't say enough how great our program is. Our administrators have years of experience, so they know what they are doing and have made an excellent curriculum that flows very well. The faculty have all been wonderful and they spend extra time outside of class hours helping out students one-on-one or with groups (for example, our anatomy professor came in on weekends to help us out in the cadaver lab-- which is amazing!). I wouldn't worry about the accents, I only had difficulty understanding 1 professor but he had extra resources and the powerpoint slides were so great that you didn't have any hinderance on learning the information. Yes, lectures are all recorded. 

Being a part of the medical school, we don't "butt heads" with the medical students for rotation positions. We have plenty of opportunities for completing the rotations we are interested in! ? As I said earlier the professors and administration are amazing and I feel like everyone goes above and beyond to make sure that you understand the material and excel in the classes. Also, the class itself is very supportive of each other and we all make sure that no person is left behind. We all stick together and everyone is doing great because of all the support that we have available to us. All that being said, yes, I definitely think the program is preparing us for the PANCE (our first graduating class had a 100% pass rate). I have learned more than I have in my entire life, and I am loving life here at Temple's PA program! 

Goodluck! ? 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/21/2018 at 4:49 PM, ALBIX said:

@keepstriving

Hi! Yes, it is perfectly normal to have these questions about a newer program, however, as a current student I can't say enough how great our program is. Our administrators have years of experience, so they know what they are doing and have made an excellent curriculum that flows very well. The faculty have all been wonderful and they spend extra time outside of class hours helping out students one-on-one or with groups (for example, our anatomy professor came in on weekends to help us out in the cadaver lab-- which is amazing!). I wouldn't worry about the accents, I only had difficulty understanding 1 professor but he had extra resources and the powerpoint slides were so great that you didn't have any hinderance on learning the information. Yes, lectures are all recorded. 

Being a part of the medical school, we don't "butt heads" with the medical students for rotation positions. We have plenty of opportunities for completing the rotations we are interested in! ? As I said earlier the professors and administration are amazing and I feel like everyone goes above and beyond to make sure that you understand the material and excel in the classes. Also, the class itself is very supportive of each other and we all make sure that no person is left behind. We all stick together and everyone is doing great because of all the support that we have available to us. All that being said, yes, I definitely think the program is preparing us for the PANCE (our first graduating class had a 100% pass rate). I have learned more than I have in my entire life, and I am loving life here at Temple's PA program! 

Goodluck! ? 

What an informative and encouraging response!

Thank so much!!!

Archived