PENNSYLVANIA: TEMPLE (LKSOM) 2017-2018

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was accepted from my 9/11 interview, as well! Woo! I was just accepted to Thomas Jefferson a few days ago, and now I'm so stuck about where to put a deposit down. I liked the atmosphere so much better at Temple, but Jeff had a 100% pass rate, and Temple has no rates yet. Anyone have any advice? What is everyone's top school of choice in Philly? Why?

On 9/22/2017 at 0:42 PM, PrePA615 said:

I was accepted from my 9/11 interview, as well! Woo! I was just accepted to Thomas Jefferson a few days ago, and now I'm so stuck about where to put a deposit down. I liked the atmosphere so much better at Temple, but Jeff had a 100% pass rate, and Temple has no rates yet. Anyone have any advice? What is everyone's top school of choice in Philly? Why?

Hey PrePA615! Congrats on your acceptances! For me, atmosphere was very important when I was interviewing and choosing between schools. Since it's such an intense program, I wanted to be in an environment that was supportive-and I can honestly say that we have that at temple. You're more than just a student here,  Generally, at the end of most programs, student have to take an exam that resembles the PANCE; if you don't pass this exam, programs usually won't let you graduate to prevent drops in their actual pass rate (but don't worry, you're given a chance to take it again I believe). Taking this into account, I decided to attend temple because even though I couldn't see the scores, I was confident that I was going to get a good education (the professors we have have blocks are the same as for the medical school which has a great reputation).

Most importantly,  you are the person that has to decide. You are the person that will be investing a lot of time and a lot of money into this education, and it wouldn't be right for anyone to tell you to go one way or the other. As someone who chose to attend temple above other programs with great PANCE pass rates, I can however, attest to how incredible my experience has been here at Temple thus far. My decision to come here has only been reinforced in the short amount of time it has been.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LeQuack said:

Was thinking about applying here late. 20 spots?!?1?!? Whelp. 

Don't let that stop you from applying! I didn't apply to Temple until the middle of November, got an interview in the beginning of January, and am now currently a student at Temple loving every minute of my experience! The faculty here is amazing, and I guarantee that if you have a strong application, the faculty will give you full consideration! Also think the program is leaning towards accepting a class of 30 this year if that makes you feel better as well. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 6:27 PM, nittanylion15 said:

Don't let that stop you from applying! I didn't apply to Temple until the middle of November, got an interview in the beginning of January, and am now currently a student at Temple loving every minute of my experience! The faculty here is amazing, and I guarantee that if you have a strong application, the faculty will give you full consideration! Also think the program is leaning towards accepting a class of 30 this year if that makes you feel better as well. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

do you mind sharing your stats? I applied in early September but I still haven't heard anything back yet. so far Temple is one of my top choices and I would appreciate any advice. thanks in advance!

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:42 PM, PrePA615 said:

@PrePA615 Hi! I was wondering if you could expand on what you didn't like about the atmosphere at Jeff, and what you thought was better at Temple? I would really appreciate any insight. Thanks :)

On 10/31/2017 at 9:42 AM, AlixB said:

For those of you who have interviewed already- how was the style of the questions? Was it more relaxed and conversational or was it more of a typical interview? Also, what all do the simulation center activities entail? 

From what I understand you get presented with something that says something like “ male 35 presents with back pain and chronic migraines” and then you go in and talk to them about it for 5 minutes. 

Archived