2017-2018: Baylor PA Program

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/26/2018 at 5:56 PM, imrmaknojia said:

Anyone rejecting their acceptance 

I've heard of people rejecting their waitlist position but not acceptance. I think there will be a better sense of how things stand after February 5th, which is the deadline to say "yay/nay" on acceptances.

2 hours ago, LGonz said:

Ugh I know right!! I am so so anxious to meet everyone. Lemme know if you end up making a fb group so you can add me emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I remember seeing somewhere that the current PA-S1's create the facebook page for us and personally invite the 40. 

Feel free to direct message me and we can at least get to know each other until then!

For those who got accepted could you please share your stats? Thanks!

I feel like I’m incredibly average lol. 3.4 overall gpa. 3.6 science gpa. Applied with about 570 hours of hands on PCE as a medical assistant for an orthopedic spine surgeon. About 100 volunteering hours with a hospice company. 30 hours of shadowing a physician assistant in both orthopedic spine surgery and in clinical. 307 on my GRE. Yeah, pretty average! I really think a big part in getting my interview was my personal statement and my letters of recommendations. Once you get an interview, it’s really up to you to perform well and wow the interviewers during your interview. Being yourself is really the best advice when it comes to interviews!

10 hours ago, umist0722 said:

For those who got accepted could you please share your stats? Thanks!

GPA: 4.0

About 1,200 hours of PCE as a CNA in Cardiac Rehab and Medical Assistant in the ER

Shadowing about 80 hours - PAs in ICU & Gastroenterology

GRE 108, Writing 3.5 (So, obviously they review wholistically!)

International public health research experience, medical trips to Nicaragua 

No link here either. Also I’m not on Facebook but if anyone wants to message me to talk about signing up for insurance or moving, that would be cool haha 

I second this but instead for if anyone wants to talk about financial aid lol I’ve submitted my fasfa but not sure what to do now haha

Just now, LGonz said:

I second this but instead for if anyone wants to talk about financial aid lol I’ve submitted my fasfa but not sure what to do now haha

Oh shoot thanks for the reminder! Gonn get on that today. Also have you started working on your immunizations? Some of those can take months to straighten out. 

Archived