2017-2018: Baylor PA Program

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/20/2017 at 2:25 PM, nm.pa said:

Has anyone tried the link called "Interview Information" under the 'Important Links' at the bottom of the page they sent us in our interview email? Mine is taking me to an error page! 

I'm still getting an error message too. Is anybody seeing that page as normal? 

On 12/18/2017 at 6:23 PM, tx329 said:

I interviewed last year and would say most people dressed business casual! You get to meet the faculty members and there's food. Also you your the school! The interview itself is pretty casual 3 one on ones very traditional but they're nice for the most part!! Depends on who you get, as some are more casual some are more serious/intimidating imo.  

I got waitlisted and heard today I got an interview for 1/20!

I appreciate you for the advice! And congratulations for getting in a spot! :)

Hello, everyone! I'll be in Group A with all of you on Jan. 17th-18th.

I just wanted to reach out to everyone and ask something. I've interviewed at a few schools both last year and this year (still waiting to hear back from one that I interviewed at recently). I've done both traditional one-on-one interviews and MMIs.

Perhaps from previous interview experience at Baylor, can anyone elaborate on our interview sessions that will take place in a couple of weeks?  How would you recommend preparing?

I know that sometimes with MMIs you get curve balls like "Label this anatomy diagram" or "Explain statistically why you would choose Medication A over Medication B" - questions derived from our prerequisites.

For those who have previously interviewed (or heard from others who have), how would you recommend preparing for the interview sessions? Can we expect more traditional questions and questions about our health care experience? Or should we expect "curve ball" questions like you tend to see in MMIs?

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tara2402 said:

Got taken off waitlist. See you next week, Group A! Good luck to everyone. Anyone know of fun stuff to do in Houston? 

People EAT in Houston. That's what you do if you live in Houston. Yeah yeah there are other things to do...but given the choice between NASA and food or Museums and food or night life and food??? Yeah FOOD wins...

In my personal opinion...

Best Steak- Pappas Bros Steakhouse (Filet Mignon)

Best Burger - Plonk's Guanciale burger

Best Tacos - Tacos Del Julio (get the Gringa) or 100% Taquito...get the Pastor Tacos #53. 

Best Tex Mex - Lupe Tortilla's Beef Fajitas

Best Asian- Thai Gourmet's Garlic Fish, Massamun Curry Beef, Basil Chicken and anything at Banana Leaf restaurant or House of Bowls.

Best Happy Hour- Benjy's

Best Breakfast- Dish Society Shrimp and Grits or Breakfast Klub Wings N waffles.

Crawfish when it's Crawfish season- Crawfish Cafe's basil crawfish.

I could go on and on and on..but this list might help you relax and enjoy life a bit more while you are in PA school.

On 12/31/2017 at 7:07 PM, PAGothamCity said:

Hello, everyone! I'll be in Group A with all of you on Jan. 17th-18th.

I just wanted to reach out to everyone and ask something. I've interviewed at a few schools both last year and this year (still waiting to hear back from one that I interviewed at recently). I've done both traditional one-on-one interviews and MMIs.

Perhaps from previous interview experience at Baylor, can anyone elaborate on our interview sessions that will take place in a couple of weeks?  How would you recommend preparing?

I know that sometimes with MMIs you get curve balls like "Label this anatomy diagram" or "Explain statistically why you would choose Medication A over Medication B" - questions derived from our prerequisites.

For those who have previously interviewed (or heard from others who have), how would you recommend preparing for the interview sessions? Can we expect more traditional questions and questions about our health care experience? Or should we expect "curve ball" questions like you tend to see in MMIs?

I believe there are  3 one on one interviews and that's it.

Excited to meet everyone on Wednesday, group A!

21 hours ago, majetito said:

People EAT in Houston. That's what you do if you live in Houston. Yeah yeah there are other things to do...but given the choice between NASA and food or Museums and food or night life and food??? Yeah FOOD wins...

In my personal opinion...

Best Steak- Pappas Bros Steakhouse (Filet Mignon)

Best Burger - Plonk's Guanciale burger

Best Tacos - Tacos Del Julio (get the Gringa) or 100% Taquito...get the Pastor Tacos #53. 

Best Tex Mex - Lupe Tortilla's Beef Fajitas

Best Asian- Thai Gourmet's Garlic Fish, Massamun Curry Beef, Basil Chicken and anything at Banana Leaf restaurant or House of Bowls.

Best Happy Hour- Benjy's

Best Breakfast- Dish Society Shrimp and Grits or Breakfast Klub Wings N waffles.

Crawfish when it's Crawfish season- Crawfish Cafe's basil crawfish.

I could go on and on and on..but this list might help you relax and enjoy life a bit more while you are in PA school.

favorite BBQ spot?

1 hour ago, onedaypa1818 said:

Anyone else having issues getting to houston from out of state? Flights getting cancelled left and right. 

Me! Getting a little panicked, as my flight has been cancelled and I’m having to wait multiple hours on the phone with the airline just to try and reschedule for the morning. Does anyone know if A group interviews will be rescheduled due to weather? 

6 minutes ago, PAperson90 said:

Me! Getting a little panicked, as my flight has been cancelled and I’m having to wait multiple hours on the phone with the airline just to try and reschedule for the morning. Does anyone know if A group interviews will be rescheduled due to weather? 

That sounds incredibly stressful! Give Baylor a call and see if they'll accommodate a later 'Group D' for those who miss them due to the devastating .014 inches of snow we got. I definitely feel many people will have been impacted with this timing.

56 minutes ago, PAperson90 said:

I just got an email this morning confirming the orientation and interview details, so I'm assuming they haven't rescheduled anything yet. 

I flew into Dallas and I’m planning to drive down in the morning. Not the most ideal situation at all, not sure what’s going on in Houston and I hope this isn’t a terrible tragedy for everyone. i’m a little disappointed there isn’t a back up plan because of having interviews in January this is probably happened before. Best of luck to everyone trying to get there

3 hours ago, zoltman said:

That sounds incredibly stressful! Give Baylor a call and see if they'll accommodate a later 'Group D' for those who miss them due to the devastating .014 inches of snow we got. I definitely feel many people will have been impacted with this timing.

What are the roads like around Houston? Assuming you’re from there. :) 

Guest hcruz496
12 hours ago, onedaypa1818 said:

I flew into Dallas and I’m planning to drive down in the morning. Not the most ideal situation at all, not sure what’s going on in Houston and I hope this isn’t a terrible tragedy for everyone. i’m a little disappointed there isn’t a back up plan because of having interviews in January this is probably happened before. Best of luck to everyone trying to get there

I have lived in Houston since 2003, I have never seen a winter storm like this here. This probably never has actually happened to them before.

I got in last night at 2AM. Had to take back roads from IAH to where I'm staying in Houston because all of the highways were essentially closed. Currently roads are not bad. I went out for some groceries this morning, and stayed off highways and I was fine.

Good luck to everyone. Don't rush and be careful if you're driving down because Texans don't get enough snow to salt their roads. :)

3 hours ago, wxwin93 said:

Are people going to bring their portfolio to the orientation day? Or just on interview day? Or neither? Thanks!

Neither. You didn't need it. It is a pretty laid back interview comparitively. Some are really more conversational. It's 3 one on ones.

Archived